Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else having a field day at the suitsupply outlet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any strong feelings about these? I'm either trying to talk myself into, or out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
      I definitely can. Picked up the suede double monks a few months back after trying them on in Vegas and in Dallas. They are incredibly comfortable and fit true to size. Highly recommend, especially with the Blake Welt.
      Thanks. Was sort of hoping you'd tell me they were terrible so I wouldn't be tempted so much... Saw your earlier post, though- quite the haul!

Comment

Double monks TTS or size down half a size?

Comment

All I could afford at the moment was two ties, but this girl I'm seeing wants to buy me a tie as well since we started seeing each other around Christmas and I got her a bracelet, but she didn't get me anything. I may send her a link to that yellow/blue slub silk tie..

Comment

Originally posted by phatte View Post
            Any strong feelings about these? I'm either trying to talk myself into, or out of them.
            Those are the ones I was saying I would buy in a heartbeat if they had a mini-lug sole on them. I really like the look of them. But then, I already own a pair of Aldens, so I'm partial to this styling.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              Double monks TTS or size down half a size?
              They actually didn't have my size, but went half size down. It worked with my AE Mora 2.0, so I hope they work the same with SuSus.

Comment

I like the look too but it's apparently a summer coat?

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                  I'm betting there are a lot of unhappy girlfriends and wives right now.
                  Paris sale season starts tomorrow. I assume when she said "Buy whatever you want" is because she will be spending tomorrow. The owner of a store knows her by name.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                    Can anyone speak to the lapels on the Havana? They look narrow, perhaps narrower than my Sienna suit.
                    Fairly confident that they are 3" lapels. Not sure how that compares to the Sienna, but they are much wider than any of my J Crew suiting.

Comment

They actually didn't have my size, but went half size down. It worked with my AE Mora 2.0, so I hope they work the same with SuSus.
                      I did the same thing. CS said they tend to run large and so long as you don't have a very wide foot half a size down should be a safe bet. Keeping fingers crossed...

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                        I did the same thing. CS said they tend to run large and so long as you don't have a very wide foot half a size down should be a safe bet. Keeping fingers crossed...
                        That's what I like to hear. I have the perfect suede belt for this. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-ed...#select-swatch

Comment

Probably missed out on the dub monks, but Im sure there will be plenty for sale on Dappered at a later date....

Comment

SS pant sizes always confuse me. Their size advisor indicates that for 38 shoulders, the waist is 33.9?!

So, if you have broad shoulders and a narrow waist, sounds like you're out of luck. Hell, even a 36 jacket has a 32.3 waist? That seems excessive. I mean, if you're used to wearing 38 jackets with 30 trousers, sounds like SS sizing wouldn't work.

Good thing anyway; otherwise I'd have binged.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                              could you tell me exactly what SS said? Thought it ran TTS, may be best to not mess with it then...

That's what I like to hear. I have the perfect suede belt for this. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-ed...#select-swatch
                              oh come on....dont get me matching suedes now! tempted to get that suede navy belt for my carminas...

Comment

Well strike that original thought. Wife looked at it and though two of the ties and one of the pocket squares would look nice and safe bets. Got a brown tie, green tie, and a very nice pocket square. All colors I don't have currently.
                                Last edited by hockeysc23; January 5, 2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X