Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else having a field day at the suitsupply outlet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I've thought about the Havana blue check soft tweed jacket but just not sure how it will fit. I'm supposedly a 40S in the Napoli and La Spalla fits due to the sleeves. I wonder if a 40 Havana would fit me similarly everywhere except having to shorten the sleeves obviously.
    I'm a 40R in both Napoli and Havana

Comment

I got this for $200. Totally on impulse. It was first thing I saw and liked. Also got a few ties.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

I was going to pull the trigger on a brown Havana, but it sold out before i had the chance. Nothing else really looked worth it in 42L. lots of cotton suiting left, but that's not really my bag.

Comment

Be warned that their system runs a few minutes behind actual stock. I tried checking out since it let me add stuff to my cart and the page kept refreshing when I'd enter my payment info. Their chat help representative said it's because the items are actually sold out. I wish it would give you some sort of error message. Oh well, it was only a few pairs of wool socks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol.hack View Post
            I'm a 40R in both Napoli and Havana
            Is one any tighter across the chest than the other? Or does one have higher armholes or any differences worth noting?

Comment

Is one any tighter across the chest than the other? Or does one have higher armholes or any differences worth noting?
              They fit nothing alike. The napoli probably varies the most from suit to suit of all the models. Regardless, the Napoli is cut roomier through the chest, waist, and shoulders. It also has far more structure. A lot of it is going to depend on your body type. Most people wear the same size in each, though. If your Napoli is very slim on you, you may have to size up though. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.
              My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

I feel like i am always posting after Charles on SS threads, but I have a Napoli and a Washington in the same size and the Washington is about as slim as I would go on a suit and the Napoli is about as full. But I like them both. And i haven't worn the Washington since before Christmas, so all those desserts may have that suit fitting even tighter right now!

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                  They fit nothing alike. The napoli probably varies the most from suit to suit of all the models. Regardless, the Napoli is cut roomier through the chest, waist, and shoulders. It also has far more structure. A lot of it is going to depend on your body type. Most people wear the same size in each, though. If your Napoli is very slim on you, you may have to size up though. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.
                  This has been my experience.

Comment

Probably a good thing I don't know my fit in Suit Supply. I don't really need suits or sports coats, but see several I'd be extremely tempted by if I knew my exact size. Too risky for final sale, though.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                      Thanks, that helps a lot. The problem with me is that I've always been wider across the chest so I'll probably avoid the Havana for now.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the grey wool/silk Washington. Been eyeing that jacket for a couple months now. Also grabbed the suede double monks.

Comment

Almost purchased the Havana brown plain, the texture is intriguing. For $199 I would have. I have a brown F/W jacket already. It's an old tweed but it doesn't get enough wear as-is. No need to upgrade, especially if I end up staying in TX for a few more years. I'm trying to talk myself out of it guys, trying really hard. The Havana fits me really well. SELL OUT DAMMIT.

Got 3 ties, missed out on a belt I wanted.

Comment

The Havana is noticeably slimmer in both chest, waist, and shoulders. And the armholes feel higher on the Havana than the Napoli. Surprisingly enough, I actually sized down to a 42 from a 44 from the Napoli. My sloping shoulders along with the lack of shoulder construction just made the 42 more wearable than the 44. Weird. It was the first time that's happened to me.

Anyways, I exercised self-control...didn't buy any of their shoes, which look like a steal. Almost pick up some of the Alden look-a-likes...If they had come with a mini-lug sole, I would have been all over them. I ended up picking up that Navy mohair cardigan, some socks and actually a wallet since mine has been slowly falling apart for the past year.

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] Did you pick up anything on the Berg and Berg sale? I actually picked up a few ties late last night.

I'm cutting myself off at this point. Not starting this year off well for reducing clothing spend. 90-day challenge starts now for me.

Comment

Can anyone compare Copenhagen fit to Napoli? Love that blue plain jacket and really need one. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                                Can anyone compare Copenhagen fit to Napoli? Love that blue plain jacket and really need one. Thanks.
                                Like the Havana, it's far less structured than the Napoli. Also much slimmer in cut all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X