Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a relic...keep or give away?

Happy New Year guys!

I was going thru my closet and found a relic of the past....this was given to me as a gift when I was 19 (so it's going on 13 years) I wore it a total of maybe 8 times and I haven't worn it in 10 years. At the time I felt kind of strange wearing it because it was double breasted and the lapels seemed weird to me. Oh and because my friends said I looked like an airplane captain. I was making space in my closet for some new things I bought locally and some things I have coming in on the mail and I found it and I think I like it quite a bit now.

It's a bit tight around the chest but not overly. I think it "feels" tighter than what it "looks" like. I was thinking about wearing it again since double breasted jackets are everywhere. I had good luck finally deciding to give my old college mid 2000s square toe shos away based on the advise I got here, so I ll give this a go....

This is it. Please don't mind the gym shorts.

You can never have enough shoes

Give
    http://www.simplifiedmen.com

Comment

I'd give away. Looks very tight in the chest and the sleeves would probably need tailoring.

Comment

I can't tell about the chest, but the shoulder looks too wide.

Comment

Shoulders too big. Looks like too much waist suppression as well. A little divot is usually okay and a little pull on the waist is also okay, but if you can feel it, it probably looks bad. I would say that is the case here.

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies!!

I feel like the sleeves are the tightest point. The waist is not so tight that it's pulling fabric or anything,but then again all my suits are tighter around the arms, even the new ones I have been measured for, so that's why I was wondering if this was do-able or salvageable.
            You can never have enough shoes

Comment

Honestly, it doesn't fit well enough to justify purchasing now. The shoulders are too wide and the length is too cropped. However, to play devil's advocate, 95+ percent of the general population doesn't spend time on Dappered, SF, AAAC, etc, and would probably think it looks great.

As long as you don't spend time with a bunch of #menswear enthusiasts (which it sounds like you don't, given their previous comments about the blazer), then I think it's salvageable as a beater jacket. In the worst case scenario, you spend a few bucks getting it tweaked by a tailor and donate it in six months.

Comment

It is not perfect, but if you like wear it.

Comment

That fit is terrible. Please give it away.

Comment

I feel like with something like that, the fit needs to be dead nuts on, and in that case it isn't and just looks cheesy to me...

Comment

save it for your Capt Obvious Halloween costume this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X