H&M Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&M Pants

since we are on the H&M topic, what are your experiences with thier pants? Everytime i go in there to try on a pair i think are nice i get the impression that i am wearing super skinny pants. I am all for fit but my johnson needs peace of mind too...I must admit i have larger than normal thighs due to basketball and long distance running, but the chinos (jeans) in my size just dont work. EVER. anyone else with this feeling?

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Never tried 'em on. I only tried a jacket, but I had to size up in that.

Comment

The few times I've tried on H&M pants, they've been really, really slim. I'd say most normal guys will have to size up at least one, possibly two sizes to get a normal fit. I'm normally on the smaller side of a 36R, as well, and I usually wear 38R in their jackets.

Ben

Comment

Wow, ok. Good to know.

Comment

@BenR, with sizing up, i end up getting this ill fit at the waist, so annoying, they bunch with a belt and droop without...I def agree with you Alan, i like thier tops alot. But i feel barred from buying thier suits, like that linen number in the other thread.

I>0<I

Comment

I should have tried on the pants. Maybe I can go check 'em out tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, I have a bunch of H&M stuff from a couple of years ago and have also found that, despite being thin myself, the pants tend to lean pretty snug. Sizing one up in the waist seems to work for me.

The one thing that always bugs me is the taper on the pant legs, which is pretty severe. It depends though, I'm wearing a pair of their "original fit" jeans right now in my regular size (30x32) and they're not skinny at all. Best of all, they were 10 bucks!

Comment

I have athletic thighs and because their pants are so slim I would need to size up at least twice in everything I had tried on. However, one day I was just searching, and they had these grey with yellow and black pattern cotton pants that were the perfect business casual fun but not over-the-top pants. Im usually a 33 (so were these pants, but knowing H&M's sizes I almost didnt even bother trying them on), and they were on sale as an item from a previous season that somehow ended up in the store, and were just thrown on a rack for $19.

They are now one of my fav casual pants. They look awesome with a dulled yellow polo.

Comment

I had to size up 2 inches for the Tommy Hilfiger trim fit suit pants so I guess this would be something similar.

Comment

This "my thighs don't fit" discussion totally baffles me. I've never ever had that problem.

I'd like to see what you mean at some point because I must just endure pain well or my chicken legs are working wonders for me. I've never seen a male human bean in pants that I thought were too tight in the thighs.

Comment

@nicholascrawford: I won't say it happens often, but I have, on multiple occasions, attempted to put on pants that were listed as my size that I couldn't even slide my legs down into, much less pull them up to my waist.

Comment

For the sake of my own curiosity, I busted out the tape measure. I typically wear pants with a 34" waist, and I have 24" thighs. I don't know what "average" is, but that's what I am.

Comment

For me, the waist is always too big. Feels like they're larger than the tagged size.

Comment

I buy 32x34 as a compromise, but 31x33 would be ideal. Just not a standard size.

Short of guys in girlfriend jeans, it's almost always the case of a guy swimming in fabric in the seat and thigh as if they were wearing gauchos. I believe you, Alan. I think most guys just end up erring on the side of way too loose.

I'd like to complain about how big my muscles are, but...

Comment

what i refer to is the feeling you get either when your sitting or in the case of the H&M pants when i stand, it fabric being stretched to far and at the thighs, the legs tend to be fine with the exception of overly tapered pants aving a opening less than say 7 inches...to me, if the material is stretched too much as some stretching is allowed on well fitting pants it is too tight...And i am a 30 31 x 32 depending of brand with the 31 being someone on the loose end. I am not muscular, but rather lean, just have bigger thighs and rear...

I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                              X