Going beltless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry View Post
    I prefer side tabs. You can have a tailor remove the belt loops, and if you have unhemmed pants, the tailor can use the extra fabric to create the side tabs.
    I did not realize that might be enough fabric to try that with. Might have to try that in the future.
    `
    For me, wearing belts is dependent on the weather. If it's too hot for a jacket or vest, 70% of the year here, than I have too much stuff in my pockets for beltless(I don't like wearing visible suspenders).
    Also if it is warm than I am most likely wearing a summer weight shirt but they tend to be shorter in length so they can be worn untucked. If I want it to stay tucked then I need a belt and magnetucks(if it's too hot for a jacket then I am probably not wearing full socks to add shirt stays).

Comment

i'm really amazed by this thread. as someone who really loves belts, i actually had no idea this many people were trying to go with out them! it had never occurred to me that it would have been so popular. super neat.

Comment

I'm a belt-aholic. So much so that I bought special hanger for all of my belts. To me a belt is a fashion accessory like a watch. I also spend time thinking what belt to wear with what outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          I'm a belt-aholic. So much so that I bought special hanger for all of my belts. To me a belt is a fashion accessory like a watch. I also spend time thinking what belt to wear with what outfit.
          This. Including the special belt hanger.

Comment

whenever I buy a new set of shoes in a different color, i get a new belt to go with them. because matchy mathchy i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              Originally posted by EnchinoMan View Post
              This. Including the special belt hanger.
              Originally posted by evanparker View Post
              whenever I buy a new set of shoes in a different color, i get a new belt to go with them. because matchy mathchy i love it.
              You guys are crazy .

I have one brown belt, one burgundy belt, and one black belt. Needless to say, my shoe-belt matching is fairly imprecise.

Comment

What goes hand in hand with going belt-less?

High rise trousers, don't show waistband, don't take off jacket, and keep jacket buttoned.

I believe in those, and what compel me to go belt-less.

Comment

Working...
                X