Sale on winter ties at The Knottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale on winter ties at The Knottery

Just received an email from The Knottery with a notice that all of their winter ties are now on sale ($15 or $20 each instead of the usual $30/$35). I wore their "Button" tie, one of the ones on sale, at a work event recently & have never received so many compliments on a tie.

www.theknottery.com

I'm wearing one of their lapel flowers today... Got 2 of them and one of their braided surcingle belts in the mail this weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed 4 wool ties.

Comment

Some good-looking ties in that selection. The underboss looks like fun, and I like the Made Man. The Racket could be fun, too.

Comment

I grabbed the bricklayer, the button, the made man, and the underboss. Love wool and cotton ties, because I almost always wear ties casually and it's really hard to pull off a silk tie in a casual outfit or setting.

Comment

JC, which lapel flowers did you get? What do you think of them? I like the idea, but I don't like being the center of attention, and I'm afraid something like a lapel flower might put me there since it isn't something you see everyday.

Comment

It's pretty subtle. I got the red and purple ones, and I'm wearing the red today on a navy blazer, so it doesn't really stand out too much.

Comment

The red is my favorite, but it's probably also the most noticeable. Thus my concern. Good to know, though.

Comment

Usually I never go as wide as a 3" tie, but damn the button tie is tempting.

Comment

Just impulse bought three ties, ending my amazing run of a no-purchase March. I'm still trying to work ties into my style, but I couldn't pass up the sale on some really interesting designs.

Comment

I don't get nearly anything on that site. The button tie and the lapel flowers all seem like "look at me items". To me, style and dressing well is about presenting yourself in a eye grabbing way, without actually trying to grab the eyes.

Not trying to insult those that like those items, they just seem like adding things for the sake of adding things.

EDIT: and these things may very well be vintage styles that im just not aware of. I don't know. They just feel "off" to me.

Comment

I sort of feel the same way about some of their stuff, but there's definitely a place for "look at me" items (holiday sweaters, anyone?). I actually bought the button tie after going back and forth on whether it was tacky or not, but it does have an intriguing vintage look and for $20 I figured I'd give it a shot. But overall I'm with you on being subtle, and I feel like there's a bit too much of this gimmicky/novelty stuff going on in menswear these days.

Edit: The Knottery definitely has some "mainstream" designs, like all the knit ties and some of plaid and striped ties. And lapel flowers at least have some history and tradition behind them, though these days are seen infrequently enough that they do look a bit foppish.

Comment

Didn't see this until now, but just grabbed a couple of the ties after seeing tdig's WIWT (great navy knit tie). I grabbed that, and the Made Man and the Stool Pigeon (grey glen plaid) from the sale section.

Comment

LOL I enjoy the foppish-ness of the lapel flowers, which is why I got some.

Comment

Working...
                            X