• winghus
    replied
    Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    Light them on fire?

I laughed.

Leave a comment:

• ryan
    replied
    I bought from this seller to swap out the Gold buttons that came with J Crew's club blazer and they look absolutely stunning. Got em in dark brown and they are of substantial thickness; I highly recommend them.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Thick-...item3f5251a98f

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    Originally posted by BuddingPT47 View Post
    How can I make sure the ones on Ebay are genuine and not fake horn?
    Light them on fire?

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    I've seen this seller recommended a lot on Styleforum, for what it's worht, and there is also a lot of positive feedback. Have not purchased myself though, to be totally honest.

Leave a comment:

• BuddingPT47
    replied
    How can I make sure the ones on Ebay are genuine and not fake horn?

Leave a comment:

• thiswasandy
    replied
    Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    Ebay, been thinking of doing it myself for a few coats. Go for the swap, it'll make a big difference I think, especially since the buttons are one of the main parts of the coat you interact with, feeling something that's higher quality will probably make you regard the coat in better esteem. Brown or dark brown would look wonderful. Please share the results with us (before and after) if you can

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ttons&_sacat=0
    Ordered some horn buttons off eBay to put on my CG suits, just haven't gotten around to doing it. Definitely worth the small upgrade, especially if you're not afraid to sew them yourself.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    Ebay, been thinking of doing it myself for a few coats. Go for the swap, it'll make a big difference I think, especially since the buttons are one of the main parts of the coat you interact with, feeling something that's higher quality will probably make you regard the coat in better esteem. Brown or dark brown would look wonderful. Please share the results with us (before and after) if you can

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ttons&_sacat=0

Leave a comment:

• BuddingPT47
    started a topic Horn buttons for new topcoat

Horn buttons for new topcoat

After checking it out in store (in black), I just ordered a navy Stafford topcoat from JCP. The buttons seem a little cheap and boring to me though, as a matching navy plastic. I was wondering what all of your thoughts were on swapping those buttons out with some dark brown horn buttons to add a little oomph to how the coat looks. This isn't for business wear so it doesn't need to look too conservative. What would your suggestions be on where to get horn buttons from and how light/dark I should go with the buttons?
Working...
X