Considering these (non-navy) blue suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]

I should have ordered both, but the 40s is already on the mail. I would still like to know if guys who own the Havana had to go up a size from a "traditional" suit.

[MENTION=12858]Nleaders[/MENTION]

S&M was actually my first choice but they had nothing available in 38S or 40S other than 4 suits in Navy and Charcoal, which I already have. Plus the lack of free returns makes it problematic.
    Last edited by MNJ83; January 5, 2016, 07:08 AM.
    You can never have enough shoes

Comment

I wear the same Havana and Napoli size (44s), and a size down in JCrew/JCF (42). I think I am one or half size down in BB fitzgerald as well (42/43).

Comment

[MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]

Thanks. If you are a size down on the Fitzgerald then I am probably good with what they recommended. I'll just have to wait for it to arrive and try it on.

Comment

The suit arrived. I love how it fits, how light it feels and how it looks. I don't feel like it's a trendy type suit at all. However there is one major problem: the color. This suit is navy or a dark blue. Despite of what the good people at SS claim. It's is in fact, darker than what it looks like on their site.

I think going up a size to 40S was the right choice though. I bet I could squeeze into a 38S but I think it would be a bit tight (or should I?). I will have to have the pants slightly tapered and the jacket maybe taken just a tad if I decide to keep it.

Problem I just don't need another navy suit, but after trying it on I know I want a Havana. Just in a lighter blue!

Last edited by MNJ83; January 8, 2016, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I decided not to keep the blue Havana I ordered. Fortunately, I found out they have a local store here (had no idea) and I exchanged it there for this lighter colored Havana

So it's now being tailored.

My first experience with SS was great except for the fact that some of their blue colors appear a lot lighter in their site than what they actually are. That being said, the quality of the suits is not the same compared to my Brooks Brothers 1818 suits or Canali suits. (Not the abominations they have at their outlet). That won't stop me from buying more Suit Supply though. Brooks Brothers or Canali can't offer something like the Havana cut and the SS prices are pretty good.
            Last edited by MNJ83; January 9, 2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X