This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWong37 View Post
    Does anyone have a slim cut pair of their trousers? I just bought a full suit and the jacket fits fine, but the trouser is big at almost every level.

Is there a tag on the pants noting that it's slim? The jacket has a slim tag, but the pants don't. I have a feeling I got a regular cut.
    Check in one of the back pockets. There should be a care tag that has all the garment info on it including the fit.

Comment

Yep, it's a slim. I guess I just have some tailoring to do....

Comment

Yep, it's a slim. I guess I just have some tailoring to do....
        See if they will swap out for a smaller pair. If it's your first suit/sport coat order returns are free and when you order a suit, if the pants need to be a smaller size (and they have a smaller pair available) they will send those instead.

Comment

Originally posted by winghus View Post
          See if they will swap out for a smaller pair. If it's your first suit/sport coat order returns are free and when you order a suit, if the pants need to be a smaller size (and they have a smaller pair available) they will send those instead.
          I usually wear a 29, so I'm worried if I go to the trouble of returning it for a 28 I may run into the problem of everything being too small. It's better to get a bigger pair to Tailor right?

Comment

I usually wear a 29, so I'm worried if I go to the trouble of returning it for a 28 I may run into the problem of everything being too small. It's better to get a bigger pair to Tailor right?
            It's always easier to make a larger trouser smaller than a smaller trouser larger. When we started this business, value was a big component, and we were very conscious about tailoring costs. We wanted to make sure that our garments, were priced well enough, that even after factoring necessary tailoring, the value is still considered exceptional. To have a suit fit great, a little bit of tailoring will be necessary.

Comment

Shoulda bought some S&M suits on sale when I had the chance. Just got a job offer for a job that will likely require me to spend a lot more time in court
              Ben

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] I recently placed an order during the Black Friday sale for 3 custom shirts. On Friday I noticed one more fabric that I also want. I sent an email asking if I could add one more shirt to my order to get the bundle pricing and the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal. I haven't heard back yet, and I'm sure it's mostly because you guys got slammed through the Black Friday sale. Is it possible to add the shirt to my order?

I also was looking at purchasing a sale suit during the Black Friday sale, but fortunately for my wallet, it sold out in my size before I decided to pull the trigger on it. Even though it was a fantastic deal, the last thing I need is another suit!

Thanks

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] will there be a restock coming soon on suits? You only have one suit in 38s contemporary on the site.... sigh, problems of being short.

Also, anything of interest in suits for S/S? Any linen or cotton suits?

Comment

Originally posted by AimlessWanderer View Post
                    [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] will there be a restock coming soon on suits? You only have one suit in 38s contemporary on the site.... sigh, problems of being short.

Also, anything of interest in suits for S/S? Any linen or cotton suits?
                    wool/linen suits according to Rick

Comment

Got my $1500 CAD worth of Spier & MacKay stuff in today, ran home for lunch to pick it up and check it out.

First impressions: YEEEY.

Second impressions: Kinda miffed it took so long to ship. Ordered Dec 6, took until Dec 15 to actually ship. I'm not too mad about that given the Black Friday rush.

But, I am a bit genuinely miffed that the change to my order that I requested was not made. I originally ordered a blue watch jacket, then within an hour I called up S&M customer service to ask them to switch that to the blue gun check in the same size and fit. CS rep (Keith? I think) confirmed the blue gun check was available and that they would make the requested switch before the order shipped.

Later, before shipment occurred, I got an email telling me one of the ties I'd ordered was OOS and asking if I wanted to substitute a different one. So I did, and also asked to confirm that the switch had been made from the blue watch jacket to the blue gun check. The response I got was "No problem there, will swap it for you and ship the order out as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and patience."

But, of course, when I opened my packages today, sure enough it was the blue watch jacket and not the blue gun check. Grr.

Third impressions: That mishap aside, I am really happy with the items. 2 suits, 2 jackets, 2 trousers, 3 shirts, and 2 ties in total. The size 36R contemporary jackets are all a haaaair on the loose side. In the future I might try the slim fit, especially for odd jackets. The size 30 contemporary trousers are snug but workable - I've dropped them off (two suit trousers and two odd trousers) at the tailor to be hemmed and to have them let out an inch in the seat. My favorite of the lot is the brown gun check jacket, which I actually wore back to the office rather than the Suitsupply jacket I'd started the day with. Of course that only increases my annoyance that I didn't end up with the blue version as well.

Currently mulling over whether I want to go through the hassle of exchanging the blue watch for the blue gun check.

Overall very satisfied but would definitely ask for written confirmation of any requested changes made to orders in the future. I thought calling would be the fastest way to ensure my order was changed before it got shipped but obviously not.

Got two more suits from my second order incoming tomorrow.
                      Ben

Comment

I have been drooling over the guncheck ones, both the brown and the blue.

Comment

I've worn the brown and blue gunchecks quite a bit this month. Love them both.

Comment

Some issues aside I'm glad you're happy with your order!

Comment

My gunchecks, both Brown and blue are at tailor. Would love some in the wild pics

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                                My gunchecks, both Brown and blue are at tailor. Would love some in the wild pics

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
                                Posted this in the watch thread yesterday...

You can't really see it in this pic but the overlaying checks are in dark red and dark brown or green (hard to tell which).
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X