Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] -- Rick, I'd appreciate it if you could modify order #20885 before it is sent out. We just placed it, and we neglected to add a shirt-collar heather charcoal polo shirt to the order (Size: Large; Product Code : 3C2P1 - Charcoal S) and also neglected to use the promo code. The total price is roughly the same. So, no need to give us a refund.

Comment

I just bought my first suit as part of the Black Friday deal. Getting the slim fit sharkskin charcoal suit. Really excited to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
        I wear a 44 in Napoli/Havana/Hudson. Hudson needs to be let out a bit. I wear a 44 in contemporary fit in S&M. I also need to let it out a bit at the waist. Hope this helps.
        My 2 cents. 38 Napoli, let out waist slightly on jacket. Let out pants. 40 Spier Slim, jacket fits fine. Take in pants.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
          Received my first pair of S&M trousers about a week ago and love them. Would someone please let me know how their jackets fit in comparison to the SS Napoli?
          Having worn both in one fitting session, I'll say that at the same size the Napoli and Contemporary jackets have nearly identical cuts. However, I found that at the same numerical size, the Napoli wrote almost a full size larger, with pants more akin to the Spier and Mackay slim cut.

The measurements provided by both websites are quite accurate, and make comparison easy, once you notice the differences in how a particular dimension is measured by each company.

You can also ask to mix and match jackets and pants for size and cut. If they have spare pants S&M is quite accommodating.

Comment

I missed out on the ocean blue suit in 40L. It looked amazing but I could not order it in time. Kicking myself now for not checking the website earlier once it was back up and running. [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] any chance of a restock down the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Galcobar View Post
              Having worn both in one fitting session, I'll say that at the same size the Napoli and Contemporary jackets have nearly identical cuts. However, I found that at the same numerical size, the Napoli wrote almost a full size larger, with pants more akin to the Spier and Mackay slim cut.

The measurements provided by both websites are quite accurate, and make comparison easy, once you notice the differences in how a particular dimension is measured by each company.

You can also ask to mix and match jackets and pants for size and cut. If they have spare pants S&M is quite accommodating.
              This matches my experience with 44R Napoli and 44R Contemporary. The Napoli trousers are snug, but I have to take in the size 38 Contemporary trousers quite a bit. I don't own any Spier and Mackay suits, just a blazer and wool trousers. I would just add that the shoulders on the Napoli are more structured than the Contemporary.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex1 View Post
                This matches my experience with 44R Napoli and 44R Contemporary. The Napoli trousers are snug, but I have to take in the size 38 Contemporary trousers quite a bit. I don't own any Spier and Mackay suits, just a blazer and wool trousers. I would just add that the shoulders on the Napoli are more structured than the Contemporary.
                This hasn't been my experience. The 38 contemporary pants are tighter than the pants that come with the 44 Napoli. In fact I had to let out the contemporary S&M pants at the thigh and knee.

Comment

[MENTION=14240]Rpd362[/MENTION] Spier is unlikely to restock unique fabrics like that from what I have read on SF. I tend to buy their SC/suits very soon after they drop for this reason.

Re: sizing - the contemporary fit jacket has measurements that are identical to the SS Havana in the same size. I wouldn't compare it to Napoli because it fits bigger all-around at the same size - it doesn't make sense to say it fits the same as X but at a different size. Sizing up in the trousers isn't a bad idea, I just found out that if I go up from a 34 (which I often end up having to take in at the waist anyway) to a 35 I can get the room in the thigh and calf that I prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                    This hasn't been my experience. The 38 contemporary pants are tighter than the pants that come with the 44 Napoli. In fact I had to let out the contemporary S&M pants at the thigh and knee.
                    I'm not sure what is going on. I bought the pants and suits about a year ago. The Napoli pants (I own two pairs) are almost too tight on me, and the Contemporary pants (two pairs) fall off without a belt before alterations.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                      [MENTION=14240]Rpd362[/MENTION] Spier is unlikely to restock unique fabrics like that from what I have read on SF. I tend to buy their SC/suits very soon after they drop for this reason.

Re: sizing - the contemporary fit jacket has measurements that are identical to the SS Havana in the same size. I wouldn't compare it to Napoli because it fits bigger all-around at the same size - it doesn't make sense to say it fits the same as X but at a different size. Sizing up in the trousers isn't a bad idea, I just found out that if I go up from a 34 (which I often end up having to take in at the waist anyway) to a 35 I can get the room in the thigh and calf that I prefer.
                      I figured it would be unlikely. I had it in my cart but the site broke. My size was gone before I could go back and purchase it. It was a good deal since it was already on sale. Just not meant to be

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]:

On Black Friday, I ordered two pairs of dress trousers from you. They came today! Thanks for the excellent service. They're both really nice looking and seem to be well made. The fit's good apart from needing to be hemmed. I'd never ordered from you before so I wasn't sure whether I'd be 33 contemporary, 34 contemporary, 35 contemporary, or 36 slim. I went with 34 contemporary and it's just about right. 33 contemporary might also work for me. 35 contemporary would be too big and I think the slim would be either too wide at the waist or too trim in the thigh.

Anyway, one comment is that both pants were not so saturated in person as in the photos. I ordered the Ocean Blue and the Blue POW check. As I thought, the former is a light blue and the latter a medium blue. I absolutely love the Ocean Blue. I was a bit worried it would be too "loud" for my tastes, but being less saturated than I expected, it's perfect.

As for the blue POW check, I'm still trying to decide how much I like the color, so I have a couple of questions, please:
                        1. How similar in color are the blue POW check pants (http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...ntemporary_fit) to the blue speck pants (http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...emporary_fit)? I'd been debating which of them to get before I ordered and it may be that the blue speck pants are closer in shade to what I'm looking for.
                        2. I'm not sure I quite understand the exchange policy, so if I were to decide to exchange the pants I bought for the blue speck ones, please confirm that: a) I would pay for return shipping to Missisauga, b) you would credit my online account with the cost of the shipping up to $15CAD, c) you would pay for shipping the exchanged pair to me, and d) [this is the one I'm most unsure about] I would get the sale price on the blue speck pair as I paid on Black Friday for the blue POW pair?

Thanks again. The quality and fit of the pants is certainly top notch, and I'm glad to have finally had the chance to try out Spier and Mackay.

Comment

Originally posted by srlclark View Post
                          [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]:

On Black Friday, I ordered two pairs of dress trousers from you. They came today! Thanks for the excellent service. They're both really nice looking and seem to be well made. The fit's good apart from needing to be hemmed. I'd never ordered from you before so I wasn't sure whether I'd be 33 contemporary, 34 contemporary, 35 contemporary, or 36 slim. I went with 34 contemporary and it's just about right. 33 contemporary might also work for me. 35 contemporary would be too big and I think the slim would be either too wide at the waist or too trim in the thigh.

Anyway, one comment is that both pants were not so saturated in person as in the photos. I ordered the Ocean Blue and the Blue POW check. As I thought, the former is a light blue and the latter a medium blue. I absolutely love the Ocean Blue. I was a bit worried it would be too "loud" for my tastes, but being less saturated than I expected, it's perfect.

As for the blue POW check, I'm still trying to decide how much I like the color, so I have a couple of questions, please:
                          1. How similar in color are the blue POW check pants (http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...ntemporary_fit) to the blue speck pants (http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...emporary_fit)? I'd been debating which of them to get before I ordered and it may be that the blue speck pants are closer in shade to what I'm looking for.
                          2. I'm not sure I quite understand the exchange policy, so if I were to decide to exchange the pants I bought for the blue speck ones, please confirm that: a) I would pay for return shipping to Missisauga, b) you would credit my online account with the cost of the shipping up to $15CAD, c) you would pay for shipping the exchanged pair to me, and d) [this is the one I'm most unsure about] I would get the sale price on the blue speck pair as I paid on Black Friday for the blue POW pair?

Thanks again. The quality and fit of the pants is certainly top notch, and I'm glad to have finally had the chance to try out Spier and Mackay.
                          100% accurate colour representation for apparel is always a challenge. We do our best to accurately convey the colour of all our products. The difference that plays the biggest factor is monitor/display settings of the devise you are viewing on.

The blue speck is a bit more muted compared to the petrol POW. But it's a very similar shade of blue.

For a trouser exchange, you would be required to send the trouser back to us (email for an RA first, so we know what we are expecting back). We will credit you up to $15 CAD for the return. We cover the outgoing pair. It's a straight exchange, so the price is the same. No difference there.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and for that information. No worries at all about the colours. It's also worth noting that I've only seen them in artificial light, which always mutes colour. I'm always surprised at how red/crimson my merlot McAllisters from Allen Edmonds look in direct sunlight, because in artificial light in the evening, they look straight up purple with no red at all. I do like the color of the petrol POW and will most likely keep them, but I'll e-mail you if I do decide to switch them out for the blue speck.

On another note, are you likely to get back in stock any mid-browns similar to the tobacco brown that you used to have? I'd definitely pick that up if you did. I meant to do so for a while, but it was on final sale and that seemed too big a risk when I didn't know my sizing.

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                            100% accurate colour representation for apparel is always a challenge. We do our best to accurately convey the colour of all our products. The difference that plays the biggest factor is monitor/display settings of the devise you are viewing on.

The blue speck is a bit more muted compared to the petrol POW. But it's a very similar shade of blue.

For a trouser exchange, you would be required to send the trouser back to us (email for an RA first, so we know what we are expecting back). We will credit you up to $15 CAD for the return. We cover the outgoing pair. It's a straight exchange, so the price is the same. No difference there.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                              I wouldn't compare it to Napoli because it fits bigger all-around at the same size - it doesn't make sense to say it fits the same as X but at a different size.
                              That's why I differentiated between size and numerical size, and referred to cut rather than fit.

The cut, or pattern on which the jackets are made, are quite similar, but the labelling is different. To match the fit on a given Contemporary jacket, size down on the Napoli.

The pants, however, have quite different cuts but can be compared for fit at the same (waist) size.

Comment

Does anyone have a slim cut pair of their trousers? I just bought a full suit and the jacket fits fine, but the trouser is big at almost every level.

Is there a tag on the pants noting that it's slim? The jacket has a slim tag, but the pants don't. I have a feeling I got a regular cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X