Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION], you guys have a typo on your Sportcoats page under the "fit" filter. It's driving me crazy. "CONTEMPRORY FIT"

Also, do you make sport coats in your slim fit and are just sold out currently?

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
      [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION], you guys have a typo on your Sportcoats page under the "fit" filter. It's driving me crazy. "CONTEMPRORY FIT"

Also, do you make sport coats in your slim fit and are just sold out currently?
      Ah man, thanks for pointing that out. I'll get it corrected ASAP.

TBH, we don't run too many sportcoats. The last group we did we only ran in Contemporary. We have a new group going into production shortly that will include slim fits. The main one that a lot of guys are waiting for is our new run of Navy Hopsack, which will have slims included.

Comment

No problem. And thanks for letting me know about the new production run. I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Looks like they got more inventory and selections!..... but the prices went up quite a bit as well :/

Was looking at about $100 for a bundle of 3 shirts before, now about $140-150.

@SpierMackay are the prices quoted on the site in Canadian or US dollars? I'm navigating your site from the US.

Also: how slim does your slim fit compare to BR fits? As in, some tailored slim BR shirts are about right on me, but for other styles I have to go with the normal slim. Would you recommend contemporary or slim?

and in order of thickness/heaviness of fabrics, does yours go: Poplin 2 ply 120's, Fine Twill, Royal Twill, Oxford, Royal Oxford?

Thanks in advance for the info!
          Last edited by Derek O'Connor; December 17, 2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek O'Connor View Post
            Looks like they got more inventory and selections!..... but the prices went up quite a bit as well :/

Was looking at about $100 for a bundle of 3 shirts before, now about $140-150.

@SpierMackay are the prices quoted on the site in Canadian or US dollars?
            The prices are in CAD, as always. The prices didn't go up, these are our regular prices, still an incredible value. The promotion was for a lot of seasonal inventory, which we only really run 2x a year. The shirts that just went up online are all part of our premium shirt line. Really, really excellent cloth on these. 2/80's - 2/120's ELS Egyptian Cotton. The strength of the USD, will bring these to approx. $37/shirt when bundled. Regular shirts can still be had for approx. $30 USD when bundled.

Comment

Great. Just placed an order. Been waiting for some plain white dress shirts to come back. Stocked up.

This brand is now the only dress shirt I buy.

Comment

I'm in need of some white shirts, but S&M still don't have their Poplins back. Will the Fine Twill, Royal Twill, or Royal Oxford work interchangeably for the Poplin? If so which one? Or are there certain limitations these weaves? Will they be a lot heavier than a poplin? I found a few things online. but it mostly just describes the weight and weave of the fabric, not quite the formality of each one.

Comment

Placed an order for 4 shirts, will be happy to write a review once they arrive!

Comment

Question for you guys, I usually wear a 44r in Suitsupply's Napoli fit. Which "fit" would that be comparable to in spier & mckay's offerings? Im looking to pick up a suit and a shirt bundle. I know in the shirts, the contemporary fit is where I am as the slim fit is slimmer than the CT extra slim.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by coppertone View Post
                      I'm in need of some white shirts, but S&M still don't have their Poplins back. Will the Fine Twill, Royal Twill, or Royal Oxford work interchangeably for the Poplin? If so which one? Or are there certain limitations these weaves? Will they be a lot heavier than a poplin? I found a few things online. but it mostly just describes the weight and weave of the fabric, not quite the formality of each one.
                      White poplins are slated for a restock next week. The fine twill would be the closest sub right now, but is a hair more formal as the twill has a slight sheen where as the poplin is more matte.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Nyc View Post
                        Question for you guys, I usually wear a 44r in Suitsupply's Napoli fit. Which "fit" would that be comparable to in spier & mckay's offerings? Im looking to pick up a suit and a shirt bundle. I know in the shirts, the contemporary fit is where I am as the slim fit is slimmer than the CT extra slim.

Thanks in advance.
                        I'm a 44L in the Napoli and I've hesitated to buy a suit or shirts from S&M. The Napoli pants are as snug as I'd want to get, and I've read that S&M is a bit slimmer than Napoli. Shirts, based on their size chart, says my usual CT slim fit 16/35 on a 44" chest won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Nyc View Post

Thanks in advance.
                          The Napoli is a Classic Full cut in the Jacket. Our contemporary fit is more in line with their Lazio or Havana. Not really comparing Apples to Apples.

That said, most customers find that sizing up does the trick, as the specs after sizing up are similar. In this case, a 46R would be the most comparable fit.

What is your chest and natural waist measurements?

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                            I'm a 44L in the Napoli and I've hesitated to buy a suit or shirts from S&M. The Napoli pants are as snug as I'd want to get, and I've read that S&M is a bit slimmer than Napoli. Shirts, based on their size chart, says my usual CT slim fit 16/35 on a 44" chest won't work.
                            I'm not sure why SS ran such slim trousers with the Napoli Jacket. The Napoli is a Classic Full cut, so the default trouser should be in line with that. We can sub out trousers to any size/fit you need as long as they are available in stock.

For shirts, were you looking at our slim or contemporary fit shirts? What are your Chest and Natural Waist measurements? I can aid in finding the correct size.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                              I'm not sure why SS ran such slim trousers with the Napoli Jacket. The Napoli is a Classic Full cut, so the default trouser should be in line with that. We can sub out trousers to any size/fit you need as long as they are available in stock.

For shirts, were you looking at our slim or contemporary fit shirts? What are your Chest and Natural Waist measurements? I can aid in finding the correct size.
                              I'm a 44" chest, 35" waist, with a 16" neck. Looking at the size chart, I'd need to size up to 16.5 on the classic, and 17 in the contemporary to fit my chest, right?

I do have to say, the 44R navy hopsack blazer I've got (that I still need to get the tailor to get the tear it came with fixed) fits pretty well. I'm not sure a 46R wouldn't be too big. Hopefully I can get to Toronto in the near future and try things on in-store and not worry about playing roulette with shipping.

Comment

Does the Solid Navy - Model 2 Blazer look like an orphan suit jacket to anyone? I know that may sound odd about a solid navy ...

Comment

Working...
                                X