Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spier & Mackay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by doomx View Post
    I order an MTM shirt as well as 4 OTR from them yesterday. Their OTR contemporary fit shirts are billowy on the chest and too long on the sleeves but they have fantastic collars, buttons and fabrics. For $24 USD, their collars make these a great value, even though the torso fit for me is not as good as CT or BB milano. I am actually returning the 4for200 BB and 3for100 CT shirts I got on Black Friday because their collars are a bit too slim (approximally 1/4 inch too short). However if the post tailoring OTR shirts are a bust, I may go back to CT.
    Have you tried the slim fit?

    Comment


      #17
      The slim fit is too tight in the waist. I have a 16.5 neck so I can't upsize on slim fit.

      Comment


        #18
        Anyone have experience with custom suiting?

        Comment


          #19
          as a below average height canadian, I'm very happy to have recently discovered this company and will soon be a steady customer. what are the measurement differences in the short suits? I couldn't find much information in regards to fit measurements (slim vs contempory fit, short vs normal) on your site

          really looking forward to seeing what you roll out in the new year, hope to see more casual button down collar shirts and short guy options
          Last edited by HankScorpio; December 14, 2015, 10:04 PM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
            as a below average height canadian, I'm very happy to have recently discovered this company and will soon be a steady customer. what are the measurement differences in the short suits? I couldn't find much information in regards to fit measurements (slim vs contempory fit, short vs normal) on your site

            really looking forward to seeing what you roll out in the new year, hope to see more casual button down collar shirts and short guy options
            If you're on a suit page like this one:

            http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...ort___slim_fit

            Click on the black button that says "SIZE CHART" then click on the suits tab. In the jacket measurements you'll see 3 different sleeve lengths and 3 different jacket lengths ( measured from center back). No difference for pants as they are unhemmed. Also not mentioned is that although the suits are "drop 6", you can swap the pants for a different size as long as they have it in stock.

            Comment


              #21
              S&M getting a lot of love but honestly there selection on no button down, non spread shirts are pretty wack for my size plus they don't seem to offer non iron. I am interested in their suits but I think I read their slim fit is skin tight.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Joseph Park View Post
                S&M getting a lot of love but honestly there selection on no button down, non spread shirts are pretty wack for my size plus they don't seem to offer non iron. I am interested in their suits but I think I read their slim fit is skin tight.
                We are really low on inventory. Our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale caught us way off guard and we ended up moving through a lot of product. It's a good and bad problem to have as a small business TBH. We have another two shipments arriving this week to replenish.

                We do have a "Contemporary" Fit suit, which is not as aggressively slim as the "slim" fit.

                As for the non-iron, we'll not touch it unless it can be done mechanically, meaning no chemicals or blends. BUT, all the cotton we use is long staple Egyptian, so it resists wrinkles a lot better than cheap cotton and is very easy and quick to iron.

                Comment


                  #23
                  +1 on the button downs - definitely need more selections to choose from.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by ImagePree View Post
                    +1 on the button downs - definitely need more selections to choose from.
                    In Oxfords or casuals in general?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                      In Oxfords or casuals in general?
                      Oxfords and dress shirts.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Hey s&m, what kind of shirts are in the new shipments?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                          A full rollout of Short and Tall sizes is scheduled for the Spring Release, sometime in February.

                          We are one new shipment of shirts this week and another the week after. Usually takes 5 days or so to get images up on the site after we receive them.
                          Can you give us a high level overview of what will be released in suiting for the Spring?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by jazzyj View Post
                            Hey s&m, what kind of shirts are in the new shipments?
                            A bunch of fill-ins in solids. Royal Twills, Fine Twills, Royal Oxfords and a few mute patterns.

                            Originally posted by AimlessWanderer View Post
                            Can you give us a high level overview of what will be released in suiting for the Spring?
                            Keeping it simple. Restocks of Core Navy, Mid Gray, Light Gray, Black. Then an amazing Marine Blue, A Bluish Gray Sharkskin, A Light Gray Prince of Wales Check and a not for everybody Denim Blue that needs to be seen to be appreciated.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                              Keeping it simple. Restocks of Core Navy, Mid Gray, Light Gray, Black. Then an amazing Marine Blue, A Bluish Gray Sharkskin, A Light Gray Prince of Wales Check and a not for everybody Denim Blue that needs to be seen to be appreciated.
                              Well it would only be appropriate for you guys to offer a Canadian Tuxedo!

                              In all seriousness, those sound like some interesting choices. My suit collection is pretty well stocked right now, especially after purchasing 3 from you in the past month. The only thing left is a lighter tan suit. I have my eye on the light brown sharkskin that you currently have, but can't justify ANOTHER suit purchase right now.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Billyum View Post
                                Well it would only be appropriate for you guys to offer a Canadian Tuxedo!

                                In all seriousness, those sound like some interesting choices. My suit collection is pretty well stocked right now, especially after purchasing 3 from you in the past month. The only thing left is a lighter tan suit. I have my eye on the light brown sharkskin that you currently have, but can't justify ANOTHER suit purchase right now.
                                Haha, We are based in the land of Eh!, We should just do a full on Denim Suit just for the heck of it. I say denim blue, because I really don't know how to describe it just yet. It's looks kinda like old stonewashed denim, but out of wool. It's very summery, bold and just an all out statement suit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X