Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How casually can either of these be worn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How casually can either of these be worn?

I'm thinking of jumping on the AE cordovan seconds deal. I was wondering your guys' thoughts on dressing these shoes up and down? I'd like the most versatile. I know short wings are inherently more casual, however I don't have much experience with loafers.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1607_1_40000000001_-1

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

I think the Cambridge is the more versatile of the two. I wouldn't wear the loafers with a suit but I would definitely wear the Cambridge with a suit. I would also consider the Shell Cordovan Strand if they have it in your size.

Comment

I guess as I'm thinking about it, I should have framed my question differently. I don't own loafers, but would like to (as much as I like the Cambridge).

Basically, how can loafers be worn? Can they be worn with a suit? Blazer and tie? What about jeans with just a button up and a sweater? Or even more casual than that.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

For me, it's like this:

Suit - No

Blazer - Maybe, depends on how dressy the look is.

Jeans - Yes

Slacks and dress shirt - Yes

Chinos - Yes

For reference, my loafers are the AE Larkin, which have a similar look to the Westchester.

Comment

I'm seriously contemplating the Cambridge. If you're going to spend a premium on cordovan leather, it makes sense to spend that on the dressiest things. Loafers seem more like something to kick around the house with on a weekend, and I'd rather not wreck $575 shoes, even if they're on sale for $299. If I had cordovan everything already, then pshaw, what's another $5000 to get a bunch of casual AE shoes in cordovan. =P

Comment

The Macneil is also available as part of the cordovan sale.

Comment

I was really really really contemplating on jumping in on this as well...but in the end, even with the sale, it's still expensive and I think I'd rather spend the money on more shirts and coats rather than one pair of shoes....especially since I currently have 17 pairs of shoes in my rotation lol.

Comment

depends on where you go. I work in a downtown business area and see loafers with suits. I also see loafers with jeans/tee accepted around more trendy city colleges but still too formal for colleges where students just wear sweats. I would personally go for loafers due to the weather getting warmer

Comment

Working...
                X