No announcement yet.

Sunday Challenge - 12/13/15 - Green with Envy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dressed for dog-walking. The pants are a dark olive green.

Vintage thrifted jacket, Eddie Bauer cotton sweater, LE slim cargo pants, Bean boots, leather gloves and merino watch cap via STP.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Vintage thrifted jacket, Eddie Bauer cotton sweater, LE slim cargo pants, Bean boots, leather gloves and merino watch cap via STP.
      I'm liking that jacket a lot.

Comment

That is an astonishingly clean looking jacket for a vintage thrift.

What sort of reconditioning did it take to get the leather to come out that well?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
          That is an astonishingly clean looking jacket for a vintage thrift.

What sort of reconditioning did it take to get the leather to come out that well?
          It was in good condition except for being super dusty when I found it. The only real wear was a bit of pilling on the knitted portions. I think it must have sat in storage, unworn, for a long time before it got donated.

I got it a few years ago. I cleaned the dust off with a very light treatment of saddle soap, then conditioned the whole thing with Obenauf's LP and a heat gun. A few weeks ago I retreated it with Schnee's leather conditioner.

[Edit] This jacket is a good lesson that you should always take a quick glance through the women's clothing racks when thrifting. This is a men's 38 but it was hanging in the women's coat rack when I found it.
          Ben

Comment

Can I also say that I'm loving the cargos? Lol.

Comment

The poll's live, friends. Vote like you mean it.

Comment

I had a clear winner in my mind before [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] posted. Now its hard to say.

Also, apologies for being slow to make the poll. Was trying to figure out when Sunday ended in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Celimos View Post
                  I had a clear winner in my mind before [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] posted. Now its hard to say.

Also, apologies for being slow to make the poll. Was trying to figure out when Sunday ended in the states.
                  The poll-making is my job, so no apologies are necessary (except from me).

Comment

Too late for green and red candy cane?

Red suede vans
                    Green h&m chino
                    Red gap sweater
                    Green tattersal jcf shirt
                    Red knit tie knottery

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post

Red suede vans
                      Green h&m chino
                      Red gap sweater
                      Red knit tie knottery

You're in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post

Red suede vans
                        Green h&m chino
                        Red gap sweater
                        Red knit tie knottery
                        It's hard for me to tell from the lighting, but do those chinos lean more Olive Green or Forest Green? I've been looking for a good pair of non-olive green chinos for a while to add to the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by madmanSCDP View Post
                          It's hard for me to tell from the lighting, but do those chinos lean more Olive Green or Forest Green? I've been looking for a good pair of non-olive green chinos for a while to add to the rotation.
                          Definitely forrest (partially colorblind but I compared to an olive field coat and asked the wife). But they are a couple years old so I don't know if they can be found again.

Comment

Buuuuuuuuuuuuump for votes!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Are those the "broken twill" cargo pants from LE? If so, I have the same and they're ridiculously soft and comfortable...

[MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], did you recently pick that LBM up from yoox? If so you snagged it right out of my Dream Box...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                                [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], did you recently pick that LBM up from yoox? If so you snagged it right out of my Dream Box...
                                I actually picked it up from Yoox about 8 months ago. It's awesome - no joke. If you can get even a slightly good deal on it, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X