Summer shirt comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer shirt comparison

Hey fellas. I'm looking for another slim fitting shirt for summer and trying to decide between the Madras and Slub from LEC. Experiences or opinions?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-mens-slub-patterned-shirt~236494_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PK5&CM_MERC H=IDX_overstocks-_-men-_-sport-shirts&origin=index

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-me...s&origin=index

I like the slub better. I can't say I have any experience with them, but those pockets on the madras are a bit weird-looking to me.

Ben

Comment

I respectfully disagree with the gentleman, BenR. I love that madras shirt. I can give you my mailing address.

For me, it's the pattern density. I like much smaller patterns in general.

Comment

I have the slub in both the red and teal multi-plaid and like them quite a bit.

Comment

Does the slub fit pretty slim?

Comment

i got the purple/white plaid madras, size down is my advice if you go with it. I sized down to a nice fit.

Comment

The slub fits okay on me... If you're very slim it might be a bit big, but it's a very casual shirt

Comment

I have three of the madras shirts, unfortunately couldn't slim down since there's no XS :P...they still fit all right, and while the patterns are a bit bold I think they're great for casual summer wear. I'd prefer them without the pockets, but they're easily ignored.

Comment

i couldn't decide either so i bought some of both. they'll probably be too wide like most lec shirts, nothing your tailor can't fix.

Comment

I also have the madras in purple white and really like it. I usually wear a medium and sized down to a small and have a good fit (if it shrinks, the sleeves might be too short, though).

It is a very casual shirt. I'm not sure I would have it tailored (but by sizing down, I don't need to).

Comment

Working...
                    X