Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeachDoc
    replied

You need more contrast...light grey slacks would be good w. a brighter shirt...tie optional.

Leave a comment:

• CJJ
    replied

@ bere09, I think maybe if you throw in a more colorful shirt, it might help. Something that helps break up the blue, will help make this look less rigid.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

It could be dressed up and down, just not with jeans. Up: with wool slacks (light grey, charcoal), shirt and tie. Down: Chinos or casual pants, shirt with or without tie.

Leave a comment:

• bere09
    replied

It doesn't HAVE to work with jeans, I would just like it to if possible. I like versatility in my clothes as much as possible. Its original intent is with grey trousers and a tie on days I don't have to wear a suit to work just in case a last minute client meeting comes up. I was just hoping to snag something that could be dressed up AND down.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

That blazer would work really well with light grey slacks or chinos.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

I still can't see that pictures...

Anyway, my question is, "Why does this one jacket have to do everything?" Is it a matter of budgetary contraints? I don't even know what the budget is, but jackets come in all price points so perhaps it's possible to get 2 jackets at around the same price as the one you've been considering. Then you can get exactly what you want for work AND for wearing with jeans.

I would advocate thrifting, but it's not the kind of thing where you can go in with a certain thing in mind and expect to find it. But I've amassed 10 blazers/sportcoats in a little over 2 months, and I've probably spent a grand total of $100 (or less) on them. And surely within those 10, I can find something that will suit whatever else I'm wearing.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

What greg_s said... too much dark blue

Leave a comment:

• jessy_diamond
    replied

I like it, but as ChrisW says, it looks like a wool jacket to me.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

That would work well with chinos. I'm not entirely sure about it with jeans just because personally I like a little more color variation between top and bottom.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisW
    replied

I think that works (as do the pictures), but I would be hard pressed to tell that it wasn't 100% wool jacket, maybe it is different in person.

Leave a comment:

• bere09
    replied

Also, let me know if those links work. Doing this from my iPhone at a conference.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bere09
    started a topic Wool silk blend blazer with jeans

Wool silk blend blazer with jeans

Alright, I've been trying to find a blazer that I can wear with dress slacks and a tie to work but also with jeans to dress them up as well. I've found that 100% wool blazers don't work well with jeans, however I found this silk wool blend blazer at Macy's on the discount rack. It's a Calvin Klein slim fit wool silk blend with a nice subtle herringbone pattern that gives it I think a nice texture. What do you guys think? Does this look weird with dark jeans? Pictures below.

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6840972382

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6987093805

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6987101549

Working...
X