Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth it to spend a lot of money on a wallet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
    I use a standard brown leather card holder from J Crew Factory: Here

I've had it for 2 to 3 years and it's holding up great. I thought about splurging on a card case from Saddleback (slim wallets are a requirement for me), but they all have plastic ID windows which looks cheap & childish IMO
    Yeah, I agree with the window looks bad. Makes me think of underage teens trying to fool the bouncer at a bar with a fake ID.

I use a Kamakura card holder, which they don't sell online apparently. But it's done a good job, but I don't know anything about it's quality

Comment

I have the exact same brown lerather card holder from JCF. Nearly 3 years of use and it looks great. Construction has been very solid given I paid sub $15 for it. And it's picked up a rather nice patina

Comment

I think one should have a decent leather wallet if you're wearing a suit. Pulling a nylon wallet out of a suit jacket can look like you're wearing someone else's clothes.

On the other hand, I don't like heavily branded wallets. LV wallets are tacky.

Comment

Bought some 3-4 oz full grain leather from tandy. This is a little over a year of patina.

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post

Bought some 3-4 oz full grain leather from tandy. This is a little over a year of patina.
            that's pretty cool. handmade by you?

Comment

Originally posted by jigarnaut View Post
              that's pretty cool. handmade by you?
              Yup. Some quality leather, a razor blade, and neatsfoot oil. A little edge burnishing with water and the wooden handle of a any tool and some experimentation with a wire for a money clip. The golden brown it is developing is just from pockets and hand oils while being used.

Comment

Don't see anything worth in spending money on a really good wallet)

Comment

Five year old thread back from the dead? New topic can be started if needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X