Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys condition/polish shoes if they are clean but have been in storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys condition/polish shoes if they are clean but have been in storage?

With more and more rain this past month I've been wearing my rain boots a lot more often while my leather soled shoes are in the cabinet. My old routine was to apply conditioner every two months and polish as needed to all my shoes since I had a good amount of rotation going on. However, there is a chance that I might not be able to rotate all of my shoes within my normal 2 month period cause of the rain. Are you suppose to condition and polish shoes every 1-2 months even if they have been in storage and without being worn?

You could shine them up before wearing if they aren't stored in bags and have some dust.

Once you and I have hundreds of shoes in our closets, there just is no way to shine much less wear all of them every two months. I mean, leather doesn't just rot on its own unless it's wet or soaked in brine or in UV rays. If you have a butler, you could make it part of his duties.

Comment

No, it doesn't rot but it can definitely dry out.

I'd say if they're in regular rotation they should be conditioned every month and brushed at least once a week. If they're in storage I'd say every 3 months for conditioning.

Comment

Thanks guys! This was never a problem when I only had 1 pair of shoes that I wore everyday (Of course I would need new ones every 6 months). Sounds like I'll just do my normal 2 month conditioner no matter if I'm wearing them or not.

Comment

Working...
        X