Christmas Party Outfit Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Party Outfit Ideas

Hey Gents, it's that time of the year, the work Christmas Party. What are you all wearing? I need ideas! Debating between a CK black peak lapel suit, a BR navy suit, or dropping the money on a Combatant Gentleman navy tux. Thoughts? Any word on how the CG tuxes fit off the rack, don't think I'll have the time to have it tailored. Any ideas/pictures of your attire would greatly appreciated!

I ordered a plum velvet blazer from JCP for $45. I suppose I'll wear that if it fits. Otherwise no special plans really.
    Ben

Comment

I didn't even think of a velvet blazer. Might be a better idea, thanks

Comment

Probably my velvet dinner jacket, but I wore it last year and it was very noticeable, so I will have to change up the rest of the outfit. Maybe wear it over a turtleneck or something different this time.

Comment

been looking for a burgundy shawl jacket, no such luck. found a great bar III navy velvet, but it seems to basic

Comment

A bow tie.

I just ordered one to wear for the party. I've got only two and I've worn both to work Christmas parties.

A velvet blazer sounds good. I can't buy OTR because I'm short and small; otherwise, I would shop for a cheap one just for the party.

Comment

I grabbed one of those green velvet shawl collar blazers from J. Crew. Looking forward to wearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                I ordered a plum velvet blazer from JCP for $45. I suppose I'll wear that if it fits. Otherwise no special plans really.
                I purchased that last year and had tons of compliments. Amazing jacket. I paired with a slim black tie and gray pants.

Comment

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ugl...h-matching-tie

Mind as well go big or go home. Pair that suit with the ae Xmas shoes and you will be legendary at all your Xmas parties.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                    I purchased that last year and had tons of compliments. Amazing jacket. I paired with a slim black tie and gray pants.
                    Got mine in the mail today, fit's not quite perfect (shoulders too strong, a little too snug in the chest/waist) but for $45 I am very happy with it. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cheap, festive, slim-fitting jacket for one-off holiday wear.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jf-j-ferrar-...417224845M.tif
                    Ben

Comment

Just purchased this jacket: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/b..._PARAMETER=BAG

now to find pants...

Comment

Hi, I would suggest that for a Christmas Party a CK black peak lapel suit will go perfect, this modern black solid suit will be a smart choice for a guy who likes to stay ahead of the curve.

Comment

My company's party invitation specifically requested "Cocktail Attire" so I am wearing my charcoal grey Suit Supply Napoli suit.
                          Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
                            My company's party invitation specifically requested "Cocktail Attire" so I am wearing my charcoal grey Suit Supply Napoli suit.
                            This sounds good, but I don't quite understand... cocktail attire is usually for meeting a bunch of people you've never interacted with before.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                              This sounds good, but I don't quite understand... cocktail attire is usually for meeting a bunch of people you've never interacted with before.
                              I used this definition of cocktail attire.
                              http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/coc...ttire-for-men/
                              Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Working...
                              X