No announcement yet.

Christmas Party Outfit Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have to wear a black tie/cocktail attire, go for a butt ugly Xmas sweater. Nothing says "hey, who's that guy" like strolling in to the company Xmas party with a terrible sweater. Of course I only suggest this if a) you're hitting your sales targets or whatever biz goals you have to meet and b) you're comfortable with getting attention.

Nothing worse than drawing attention to yourself, only to have the boss come over and go "Johnson, about your billable hours for the past year..."

Comment

My brand new birdseye Sienna. Just picked it up last night.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
        I purchased that last year and had tons of compliments. Amazing jacket. I paired with a slim black tie and gray pants.
        I got one too. I've never actually worn it though.

I went to the holiday party at work last night. I wore a navy suit, white dress shirt, and brown tie. I saw one velvet blazer. A lot of guys were wearing suits. A lot weren't. That's my industry in LA pretty much any day of the week.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerking View Post
          My brand new birdseye Sienna. Just picked it up last night.
          The navy one? If so, is that suit as beautiful in person as it is on the website. I've been enamored with the fabric (based on online pictures) for a while. Unfortunately the Sienna doesn't fit me very well.
          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            The navy one? If so, is that suit as beautiful in person as it is on the website. I've been enamored with the fabric (based on online pictures) for a while. Unfortunately the Sienna doesn't fit me very well.
            No, the grey. I love the fabric. It drapes beautifully. It's my first Sienna and now I don't want to go back to my Napoli and Lazios. The construction is much softer and more flexible, especially with the birdseye fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
              This sounds good, but I don't quite understand... cocktail attire is usually for meeting a bunch of people you've never interacted with before.
              In the 1950s, cocktail attire was informal, or at least less formal than dinner attire.

Cocktail attire in an office context is more formal and directed more towards women than men. It suggests cocktail dresses, which are more elegant (and sexier) than normal office wear for women.

Men should wear something appropriate to accompany a woman in a satin dress and heels. To me that means a dark suit with a white shirt and black shoes. Ties can be a bit more daring and have a bit of a sheen.

Comment

This is what I wore to my company party for Cocktail Attire:
                Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Looks good. I would suggest straight lacing on the shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
                    Looks good. I would suggest straight lacing on the shoes.
                    Ditto. If you are criss-crossing to keep them tight, you can always get longer shoelaces and criss-cross on the bottom with the bars on top. That is, go across over, diagonal under.

Comment

[MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] well done sir!

Comment

theskillets, where did you get the square? It looks pretty versatile.

Comment

[MENTION=12713]winghus[/MENTION] I believe I got it from the Knottery. Got a lot of compliments on it at the party.
                          Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

can't believe it's holiday party time again....

have one Friday...wearing charcoal suit and contemplating a knit tie. It's business dress but on the more casual end of business dress. Was just thinking of playing around and doing knit or possibly bow tie even. Not sure I want to go with the bow though....

Comment

Going to the one Christmas party I can't avoid tonight.

JCP velvet blazer, LE shirt and flannel trousers, S&M tie, PRL boots, Hamilton watch on Staib mesh bracelet. The color on the belt and shoes matches a little more closely in reality than in the photos....
                              Ben

Comment

Hello!

Can anyone give me suggestion about the cocktail attire for male and female, both, for this year Christmas party?

Comment

Working...
                                X