Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BR Blazer

Came out today:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=75315&vid=1&pid=454653&scid=4546530 02

I wanted to get the one that's been mentioned a couple of times on here but its sold out in stores and online has the wrong sizes. Also, BR jacked the price up today:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=421134002&desktopSiteActive=true

What do you all think of the new one

Wow that's quite an increase. Glad I got it 40% off when I did with the original price...if only they would bring back the plaid one form this season as well. Really wanted that one. I'm not a big fan of the 3 button blazer for the new one

Comment

Like Acoustic, I'm also not a fan of the three button look. $250 seems steep, if you really like it I would wait until another 30 to 40 percent off sale. Also, I would look around Ebay for some alternate options, I am sure you could find something of perhaps better quality and a much lesser price.

I noticed that the coat is 100% linen. I've had shirts and coats in the past that are 100% linen and I would advice getting a blend (cotton or wool). They dont wrinkle as much.

Comment

Thats a steep price. This forum has made me realize the value of ebay, buying off buy/sell/trade forums and such. I dont think I will ever pay that much for a piece of clothing again (Barring maybe some nice suits in the future, If I am fortunate to make enough money, I would love to go through the experience of purchasing a bespoke suit).

Comment

BR/GAP have so many coupons for 25-40% off it's not really worth it to pay retail.. ever. Just be on the look out for those codes/promos

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I was going to wait for a coupon for this one too but I wasn't crazy about it either style wise. I like the original one more.

Comment

Why on earth would they increase the price of the original one? I got it when it was 198$ but 40% off that. I see no reason for it to go UP.

Comment

Its extremely popular. Sold out at every BR I've been to (in my size). Online too. They are taking advantage :/

Comment

I just hope they bring back the plaid one. It's been missing for so long

Comment

I like the original. I hate it when companies do that but that's their imperative.

Comment

I like BR sports coats a lot unless they ruin them by overdoing it.

The three buttons are bad enough, but the flap chest pocket is a cardinal sin.

Comment

Banana Card members get 50% off for the next three days, according to an email I just got.

However, I'm always disappointed in what they choose to keep in stores. I bought some polos that I love, but have never seen them in store. Not sure how to account for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X