Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking the exact same thing - that it would have been perfect if it had a rear vent. Although not sure how often I'll have it buttoned up like that anyways. It doesn't feel restrictive at all. Waiting for the wife to get home so she can tell me how it looks in person.

The one in the pic is a size small. I did also order a medium since I am in between sizes with their outerwear most of the time, but that one is way too roomy in the midsection.

Duvel - Can't size down since it's already a small. Also, the area it's tightest on is my chest. Any smaller and I wouldn't be able to button the top buttons on it.

Comment

Is that the JCF barn coat?
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Is that the JCF barn coat?
        Close. It's from J Crew, not JCF.

Comment

I would say it fits, then.

Comment

Hello fellow Dappers,
            I just purchased this jacket (you can find information on it in the "recently purchased" section) and I would like to know how well/poorly you folks feel like this fits me. It looks like it fits to me but it feels tighter than I am used to under the arm pits. I have never owned a leather bomber like this so I am not sure... Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...psb5e6c5d2.jpg
            http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...ps081dac6d.jpg
            http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...ps64e5a8e3.jpg
            http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8b4afc44.jpg
            Last edited by tnjyoung; September 6, 2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

tnjyoung I think it looks to fit pretty well, I'd say wear it with dark jeans etc and it should look great, khaki colour seemed to give some odd visual illusion to myself.

Comment

Looks like it fits fine, IMO. Does it feel comfortable to you? Would you wear it anywhere, anytime? If so, enjoy it!

Comment

Good question. Whenever I thumb through magazines I am always drawn to classic themes: leather, stainless, and artisan goods (hand crafted leather goods, Swiss Watches, Italian eyeglasses, etc.). To me, leather usually adds a "rough edge" to a too-conservative look. That is what I was after. Historically I have tended to err on the side of everything looking put together, clean, and conservative, but I have always felt I looked a bit boring, like I was one piece away from a completed look. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate the classic look, but I want to add an element of rugged. Think Ralph Lauren-Polo, J.Crew, Banana Republic, etc.
                  With that said, do you think this jacket lends to that theme or otherwise? Obviously, I will need to wear it over and over until it shapes to me and develops that scuffed, worn-in look I am after. Thanks for your comment.

Comment

Thanks Shadow, point taken. I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by tnjyoung View Post
                      With that said, do you think this jacket lends to that theme or otherwise?
                      Yes. You look like you'd fit right in with this Restoration Hardware office (one of my favorites, BTW).

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                        Yes. You look like you'd fit right in with this Restoration Hardware office (one of my favorites, BTW).

Yes, that has all the materials and colors I like, but it it a bit too contemporary for my taste. My home office is more along these lines: http://rk.pbimgs.com/pbimgs/rk/image...033/img61c.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post

Egads, Fizzelbouer! The view from this dirigible is downright astounding!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            Egads, Fizzelbouer! The view from this dirigible is downright astounding!
                            LOL!!

Comment

Sorry for the bad quality photo.

Just bought this at jcp and the shoulders fit fine but the sleeves seem a little bit long.. but not long enough where its un-fixable, right?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hm hard to tell from the photo. The shoulders do look a bit wide on you, but that could be the shape of your shoulders creating the dimple at the top. From what I can see it looks pretty good overall. The pants need a hem (possibly a slim, just depends on your tastes). The sleeves actually don't need too much work. From the looks of it you might need longer shirt sleeves.
                                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X