X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsmejson View Post
    Hi crew,

Its been awhile since I've been on this thread.
    I recently picked up the Jcrew Linen & Cotton
    Twill blazers and needed some feedback.
    - I really only need 1 of these that would be
    the most versatile

sidenote-
    mikead91 & bb have already given me some
    great feedback in another thread based on
    which would work here in the TX summers.

Linen:
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...9.jpg~original

Cotton Twill:
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...2.jpg~original

Thx in advance for any input
    Any feedback on these 2 blazers?
    **Previously itsm3json, from the old dappered site**

Comment

Originally posted by itsmejson View Post
      Any feedback on these 2 blazers?
      How are the shoulders? I can't tell from the pictures. The length is good. The sleeves are a bit long, but that's easy to fix. The sides need to be taken in slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by fodd forlorare View Post
        Yep, that's the hard part.

Okay, another try.. this time *with* pants. So I'm expecting you to chime in, bruschetta!
        How tall are you? The jacket looks short in the front. The point where the jacket tapers in is high. The tiny lapels don't help.

The back should be able to be fixed by a tailor. The front can be fixed if a tailor can let the jacket out in the sides. The length and tiny lapels can't be fixed, and those make the jacket look strange.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          How tall are you? The jacket looks short in the front. The point where the jacket tapers in is high. The tiny lapels don't help.

The back should be able to be fixed by a tailor. The front can be fixed if a tailor can let the jacket out in the sides. The length and tiny lapels can't be fixed, and those make the jacket look strange.
          Appreciate your comment.
          I am 6'0, maybe an inch taller, and about 185lbs. You can really tell I am a sartorial newb, because I knew something was bothering me, but couldn't point my finger to it - totally agree on the taper and the lapels! How do you see that it's too short, though?
          I guess I'll return the jacket, then. Any advice on an alternative (thinking about ordering one from suitsupply, once I get back to Europe)? And do you believe a jacket in 40L or 42L instead of a 42R would fit better? I saw shad0w4life's thread about his experience with Suit Supply, and believe that him and I have similar measurements, so 40L might be worth a try.
          Last edited by fodd forlorare; May 4, 2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the face!
            Someone please point out issues with these...

Havanna Blue Linen Jacket

Napoli Blue

Napoli Navy Blue(similar to your typical dark navy from black lapel etc)

Wool Linen
            Last edited by shad0w4life; May 10, 2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Shad0w, first of all, I am jealous of your new jackets.

Havana linen jacket: this is too tight all around. It's also too short. The Havana models are strangely sized: the Havana 38R is almost a full inch tighter in the shoulders and exactly a full inch shorter in the back as compared to the Napoli 38R. The chest is also too tight in the chest for me. It's a weird fit, and probably my least favorite of SuitSupply's cuts. You may need to size up and get a long size.

The Napoli jackets sleeves are too short by ~half an inch. They're also a bit short. Have you tried a long size? The body of the jacket is damn near perfect on you. If you're okay with the short length then I would not alter the jacket at all. Those jackets look amazing on you.

The wool linen jacket looks perfect on you. I wouldn't alter a thing. Which model is that? I like the cut. It also makes you look extremely fit.

Comment

I agree, I wasn't sold on the havanna either after getting it the one shoulder I thought looked blousy/poofy

These are all long jackets, and sizing up will probably make the shoulders bad, I think at least, if anyone can correct me great!

Wool Linen is a Lazio

I was originally intending to keep 1...but now I'm on the fence about 2 or 3.

Comment

BR Birdseye blazer

So I ended up returning that suit (thanks for the help gents) and tried the BR Birdseye Blazer and could use some feedback (sorry for the poor quality photos! I need a real camera, haha):

The 42R is much too short and they were out of 42L when I had ordered these two off of the BR website. So if the rest of the jacket fits me better than the 40L I will return both jackets. How are the shoulders on the 42? Too big? I'm swimming in the waist but of course that can be tailored.

http://i.imgur.com/a7UoFkE.jpg?1
                  http://i.imgur.com/e3ND97Z.jpg

The 40L seems to fit decent, a little on the snug side in the middle and a little bit short(?). If people think this one fits OK I will keep it and return the other.

http://i.imgur.com/Lz6Qa2r.jpg
                  http://i.imgur.com/7XeR7cg.jpg

Thanks for the advice as always.
                  Last edited by Zilch; May 11, 2013, 04:35 AM.

Comment

40L looks longer in your pictures, looks a bit tight in chest area(there's some odd shape on the left side of picture, but that should be able to be let out and quite a noticeable X around the button, again a slight chest out should work just fine.

Not sure why the bottom of the 42 is flaring out like that, you'd need to have sleeve lengthened, waist and chest taken in and I think it would cost more to alter overall.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                      I agree, I wasn't sold on the havanna either after getting it the one shoulder I thought looked blousy/poofy

These are all long jackets, and sizing up will probably make the shoulders bad, I think at least, if anyone can correct me great!

Wool Linen is a Lazio

I was originally intending to keep 1...but now I'm on the fence about 2 or 3.
                      I'd keep the last one. It's the one that fits the best and works better with your lighter complexion.
                      Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
                        Quick fit check. This is BR's tailored slim shirts. I feel it's pretty good, but I'm always looking for more trained eyes.

Absolutely money on the fit.
                        Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

The wife and I went on an impromptu outlet shopping trip yesterday. I didn't expect to find much, but I snagged this completely unstructured, barely lined navy cotton blazer from Brooks Brothers for $100. I'd bee hunting for something like this for a while. It's a little less structured than some of the J Crew jackets I was looking at. Anyways, the fit looked pretty spot on to me. It's a little roomier in the waist than my BR and J Crew jackets. Thoughts?

Comment

shad0w: They all look varying degrees of good on you but to keep it simple I'm going to agree with Bruschetta on his assessment. It's unfortunate that the Havana is short even in an L and the sleeves are tight on you, because it's a great color (likewise with the blue napoli). Honestly I can see you wearing the blue napoli with no problem. It's a bit shorter than a more traditional fit but the rest of the jacket looks like it's made for you (sleeves slightly short but that's not a bad fix) and honestly I am not so conservative that a slightly shorter jacket bothers me. So if I had to keep two it'd be the wool/linen blend and the blue napoli.

ncfranklin: Shirt looks great

bjmcgeever: The BB jacket is definitely large in the waist but in the poor lighting it does seem like it fits well in the shoulders. I am concerned that it's a bit short, especially once you have the waist brought in, it may look off.
                            Last edited by LosRockets; May 11, 2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Still trying to find a nice sport coat / blazer. This one's a Ludlow Italian Wool Blazer (42L) in charcoal. Know the arms would need a slight shortening, but not loving the overall fit. Thinking its going back but figured I'd get some advice.

I'll probably just spend the extra $100 for the navy suitsupply blazer Joe recommended. I know their stuff fits my tweener body.

Comment

@DerekH, if you know suitsupply fits you, go that route. The fit just isn't quite there. To me, this looks too big in the shoulders and chest.
                                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X