Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks good, Tommy - the sleeves could probably be let out like 1/2" (probably less) or so, and the length is a bit short. Keep in mind this is pretty trendy now, so if you're going for something a little more fashion-forward, you nailed it in my opinion. How does the 42L land? If you want a classic-fitting jacket when you cup your hand dangling at your side, the length of the jacket should just hit the inside of your knuckles, and the sleeves should leave only 1/4" of your shirt cuff showing. But that is almost entirely personal preference. Me, I dig what you have there; looks good. Also, I believe if you want to make yourself appear taller, you want a jacket that's shorter so it lengthens your legs? Someone should help me out here with this one.

The only other thing is the chest seems to be laying funny near your arms, but I don't know if that's because of the fact the vent thread isn't cut. The area halfway between the lapels and sleeves seem to be pulling down and out, is what it looks like from the photo.
    Last edited by scrambledpotato; March 28, 2013, 09:34 AM. Reason: Checking for a second opinion.

Comment

• so my links in my previous post did not go thru, let's try this again.

So, just got my J.Crew Thompson factory suit. Planning on taking in to the tailor later this week. Only thing I can see to get down is bring the sides and bottom in a little, and then lengthen the pants to give them a bit more of a break.

Comment

• Just picked up this jacket from Old Navy - they're $25 in store, which is a pretty good price for a field jacket ( I guess that's what this is?)

Anyway, they come in two colors - a gray and an OD green.

Here is the gray in a size M

And here is a Size S in OD green

Which color do you think is more versatile, and which do you think fits better? The medium fits well with extra space, but I feel that the sleeves are a bit too long and don't think it's worth tailoring.

The small looks like it fits better, but I'd be worried to run it through the dryer for fear it would shrink (the shell on these are both 100% cotton)

I feel the gray would be slightly more versatile because it's a neutral color that goes with anything, but I like the way the green looks better.

I dunno - thoughts, gentlemen?

Comment

• Andrewski, the small fits better (but I'm surprised there isn't more difference). It looks brown to me though, not olive drab green. Regardless, I think it would be more versatile than the grey, unless you're the kind of person who only wears shade of grey. I don't. If the grey were twice as dark, it might be more versatile. It's too middle toned. Clean the mirror
          Last edited by atoms; April 1, 2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the input atoms - There's virtually no light in my bathroom, so it's hard to get true color representation.

It's actually my sister's mirror, so she's the filthy one, not me! I swear! :P

Comment

• So I got my first shirt in from nattyshirts.com and was wondering if I could get some input on the fit so I can make the adjustments for my other four shirts.
              I've posted a bunch of pictures (some really similar to each other) just to be safe. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9456964...7633149242617/

Right now I'm thinking I should take off 1 inch for the sleeves, maybe a 1/4 inch off the collar, 1/2 inch off waist and bottom, and add 1 inch to the length. I'm not sure about the shoulder seams. I'm not sure if they are spot on or just a spot short (add 1/2 inch?).
              I want to get my other shirts just right since I have the chance. Might get some material out of the forearm too.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks
              Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

• Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post
                So I got my first shirt in from nattyshirts.com and was wondering if I could get some input on the fit so I can make the adjustments for my other four shirts.
                I've posted a bunch of pictures (some really similar to each other) just to be safe. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9456964...7633149242617/

Right now I'm thinking I should take off 1 inch for the sleeves, maybe a 1/4 inch off the collar, 1/2 inch off waist and bottom, and add 1 inch to the length. I'm not sure about the shoulder seams. I'm not sure if they are spot on or just a spot short (add 1/2 inch?).
                I want to get my other shirts just right since I have the chance. Might get some material out of the forearm too.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks
                Added back pictures and side/profile pictures.
                Also, is there some sort of time cut off for being able to edit posts? I can edit posts if I notice some spelling error soon after posting, but it seems like an hour or so after I post I can no longer edit the post.
                Oh, and someone reposted my pictures on askandy as their own pictures. Currently waiting validation on that site so I can flag that. Totally not cool, whoever did that....
                Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

• Hi, I've been lurking and learning for a while, and I finally took the plunge and picked up a Ludlow blazer. I'm pretty unsure about the fit, especially some of the wrinkling on the sleeves. (It came in the mail, and I haven't pressed it or steamed it or anything, so I don't know if that makes a difference.) I'd very much appreciate any feedback.

I hope I've inserted the images properly.

Comment

• Picked up a new BR jacket last night. I've been dropping weight, so it's my first 42R. Used to buy 44R. Please take a look and tell me how the fit is and if it needs any attention.

Hopefully the photos are right-side up. I rotated the photos on my computer, then uploaded, but for whatever reason when I open the link, they're sideways. Maybe it's because I've been drinking.

Thanks, fellas!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i13qy4ft7...%2009%20AM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvigglr6of...%2018%20AM.jpg

Comment

• Got this off Ebay. It's an old JCrew ludlow fit blazer. The tag says Fall 2008 on it but the pockets are still sealed so whomever owned it didn't wear it much.

Need opinions on the fit besides the sleeves which I know need to be tailored. It's a 3/2 roll and I can barely get a fist in there when buttoned so at least that won't need tailoring. Really need opinions on the shoulders since they're a bit more structured than I'm used to.

Comment

• Vicious49, The jacket's short, and the sleeves are long. If you don't mind the short length, the only thing that I would do is shorten the sleeves.

Comment

• It might appear short since I'm raising my arm to take the pic. It's actually .5" longer than most of my jackets so I'm fine with the body length. If the sleeves all that needs tailoring and the shoulders are good, looks like I got a bargain for $54 total. Too bad I'll have to wait until next fall/winter to wear it.
                          Last edited by Vicious49; April 8, 2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• @Tommy - If Herringbone is for for casual use, just let the sleeves out 1/4" to 1/2". The jacket length is fine for casual wear too I think.

@boonmslang - Waist def needs to come in. I wouldn't shorten the pants, they look good to me.

@andrewski - both look terrible. The sleeves are way to baggy, even on the small.

@Reed - If for business casual the length is good but if casual I'd go to a shorter length. Either way, go a size down in chest.

@ vicious - looks great. maybe 1/4" shorter on the sleeves. maybe.

Comment

• Stopped by JCP today and tried on the jcp Cotton Blazer. Fit was quite good, but my question is on the length. Too short?

Comment

• @bjm I think its far too short.

Comment

Working...
                                X