This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richardc
    What year is the suit from? Has prominent shoulders and wide lapels .

Comment

No idea what year its from. I dig the lapels but agree the shoulders are prominent. How do you feel about the length?

Comment

Originally posted by fash1on View Post
        Richardc
        What year is the suit from? Has prominent shoulders and wide lapels .
        Pretty sure it wouldn't be a Tom Ford suit without those features.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardC View Post
          This should work then. One more time...

Below is a Tom Ford suit I found in thrift. I can have for $300 which is a lot for thrift but in person it looks like its never been worn. What do you all think of the fit?

The fit seems good, though the sleeves and body of the jacket are rather long.

A better question is whether you will actually wear it. How often do you normally wear a casual, khaki, cotton suit like this in your everyday life? $300 for a Tom Ford suit might seem like a really great deal in the abstract, but $300 for a thrifted suit that just takes up space in your closet is no bargain.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            The fit seems good, though the sleeves and body of the jacket are rather long.

A better question is whether you will actually wear it. How often do you normally wear a casual, khaki, cotton suit like this in your everyday life? $300 for a Tom Ford suit might seem like a really great deal in the abstract, but $300 for a thrifted suit that just takes up space in your closet is no bargain.
            Yea, I'm questioning the length of the jacket as the cost to tailor that would be significant. The sleeves are simple fix.

I think I'd have enough occasions to justify buying but have wondered that myself. I'm getting married in June and envisioned wearing this to rehersal and while on honeymoon in Paris/Italian Lakes. Other than that I'd likely wear it as a suit sparingly (summer wedding/summer fridays in office) but think I could pair the jacket casually with dark denim throughout the spring through fall.

Comment

I just got a few more items by mail from BR and I'm wondering what you guys think. Again, I am going through a wardrobe overhaul from everyone's input and its starting to take shape. Before you know it, I will brave the WIWT forum! Anyways, I have chinos in khaki and navy so I thought gray would cap it off. Not sure about the polo though? I did post/pick a navy and white already. I think white and navy are two keepers, right?

These pants are a plaid and cotton by BR. I thought to have something with a pattern and a little dressier than chinos. I do own charcoal wool trousers. The button down is the tailored slim fit in a soft wash. What do you think, is it a versatile keeper?
              Last edited by Tommy; March 22, 2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Tommy, the trousers look a little small and the shirts a little big, in both shots.

Comment

Trucker Jacket

So I have been looking around the forums for a while but just haven't posted anything but I have finally decided to. For a while now I have been thinking about buying a trucker jacket and really just haven't pulled the trigger on it but this weekend I decided to go ahead and buy one. I chopped my head off because my mouth was open in the picture lol but anyway what do you guys think of the fit?

Comment

Just picked this up at BR Factory. What do you think about the fit? The sleeves are a tad long but there is a button so I don't think I can shorten them. It's a large and the medium was very tight. Not sure if this classifies as a field jacket though.

Just had a quick look and the buttons help with the length. So question is what about the width/chest area I guess? Really trying to find that happy medium with fit....
                    Last edited by Tommy; March 26, 2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S5FIFTY View Post
                      So I have been looking around the forums for a while but just haven't posted anything but I have finally decided to. For a while now I have been thinking about buying a trucker jacket and really just haven't pulled the trigger on it but this weekend I decided to go ahead and buy one. I chopped my head off because my mouth was open in the picture lol but anyway what do you guys think of the fit?
                      Hard to tell for sure with it unbuttoned, but it seems to fit great. If it feels good on, you have a winner!

Comment

@Tommy - Nice purchase! I would definitely classify that as a field jacket. I have one very similar to that from Jcrew in olive I bought a few years ago. Looks like a great fit too. Sleeves might be a tad long, but I think it looks perfectly fine with a casual jacket like that.

Comment

So, just got my J.Crew Thompson factory suit. Planning on taking in to the tailor later this week. Only thing I can see to get down is bring the sides and bottom in a little, and then lengthen the pants to give them a bit more of a break. Sorry for the lower quality, I can try and take some better quality images if needed - not sure if I just sucked at taking them or my phone's camera is being crap.

Comment

@Shomas: Its a bit on the snug side when buttoned up but as you said the fit looks pretty spot on to me too

@Tommy: I would classify that as a field jacket too, the fit seems to be OK for a casual jacket other than the sleeves being a bit long... How does it feel on you? Usually for me if it feels to big then it probably is
                            Last edited by S5FIFTY; March 27, 2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S5FIFTY View Post

Great fit! Looks good man! You even pull the Denim on denim look very well.
                              Last edited by Acousticfoodie; March 27, 2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I brought back my Herringbone and switched for a 42R. How's the fit now? I did not tag off the tags or cut the stitch at the vent just in case.

Should I look at 42L or can I lengthen the sleeves? Should I let it out a bit? Never had a fitted blazer before.....
                                Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X