This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy,

I think the 42R is likely your best bet. That blazer is too big. You can have a tailor let it out a bit if it is pulling. The button-down shirt is too big. The pants look alright, but need to be hemmed as they are too long. I prefer my pants to look more tapered, but that is a preference. The polo looks good. The chinos look good (again if you don't want them more tapered). The chinos appear to fit better than the trousers. The Kensington looks pretty darn good. Looks as though it might be a bit short on you length-wise, but I personally am more flexible in that area.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Greg, thanks a lot for the quick feedback! Like I said, I am really struggling in this "fitting" category of my wardrobe. Didn't know I could do that with the blazer though. I will make a trip back and swap things out for smaller sizes. The chinos, I really like and may now snag another color.

Comment

Tommy, a tailor can usually let out a blazer through the body. Since it is BR I am assuming it is lined, so you will have to bring it to a tailor and ask them if they can do it. Post more pics when you swap out.
        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I will and thanks for advice!!

Comment

Just got the BR birdseye even though its a lighter shade of navy than i though but GF said she liked it. I got the 38R but Im thinking of switching to 40R and tailor it. Sleeves are def. short and have functioning buttons :/and feels a little tight in the chest. Just wanted to get peoples thoughts, I know the pics arent the best dorm room lighting throws everything off.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...psb708c1b3.jpg
            http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...psa51ac281.jpg
            http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...psec5f7b3b.jpg

Comment

Really hard to see any detail with the blurriness; try taking a couple more pictures with the self-timer set to 2 seconds (or something of the sort) to cut down on the shake? I agree that the sleeves do look too short though, based on what I can see.

Comment

Thrifted Tom Ford Khaki Suit

Spotted this Tom Ford Khaki Suit at local thrift over the weekend. Curious what you guys think of the fit before I go ahead and purchase. There was a slightly visible marking/blemish on the sleeve that was hardly noticible but may be a stain so the owner was kind enough to put on the side for me and bring to dry cleaner to try to remove before going ahead with the sale. I could buy for around $200 assuming the blemish isn't a stain and actually comes out. Its a lot for a thrift but I'm sorta thinking I would spend at least that much for something new at a J.Crew/Banana and feel this one is superior quality.

Is the jacket length too long? I would shorten the sleeves slightly but not sure if it needs anything else. Should I go ahead? Thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by RichardC View Post

Spotted this Tom Ford Khaki Suit at local thrift over the weekend. Curious what you guys think of the fit before I go ahead and purchase. There was a slightly visible marking/blemish on the sleeve that was hardly noticible but may be a stain so the owner was kind enough to put on the side for me and bring to dry cleaner to try to remove before going ahead with the sale. I could buy for around $200 assuming the blemish isn't a stain and actually comes out. Its a lot for a thrift but I'm sorta thinking I would spend at least that much for something new at a J.Crew/Banana and feel this one is superior quality.

Is the jacket length too long? I would shorten the sleeves slightly but not sure if it needs anything else. Should I go ahead? Thoughts??
                  We can't see attachments inside your emails. You have to host this somewhere (Picasaweb, Facebook, Flickr, etc).
                  Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Whoops sorry! Never done this. Below is the thrifted suit. The blemish came out and I can have it for $300.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9420391...in/photostream

Comment

Originally posted by DXLi View Post
                      We can't see attachments inside your emails. You have to host this somewhere (Picasaweb, Facebook, Flickr, etc).
                      Whoops sorry! Never done this before. The store called and them blemish is out. I can have for $300. What do you all think?

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/Ri...59806908493116

Comment

Tried reattaching but it isn't showing up. Hopefully I can figure this out.

Comment

Tried reattaching but it isn't showing up. Hopefully I can figure this out.
                          still not working for me.

Comment

You linked directly to an email, not to an image. You have to upload the image to a site like http://www.imgur.com then use the provided codes, the ones labeled "BBCode (message boards & forums)", to get the image to show up here.

Comment

This should work then. One more time...

Below is a Tom Ford suit I found in thrift. I can have for $300 which is a lot for thrift but in person it looks like its never been worn. What do you all think of the fit?

Last edited by RichardC; March 21, 2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Yes. You made the right choice. The small is not flattering for your physique while the medium is.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                First off, this sweater. I ended up getting the M on the left. I tried the S on in the store but it felt a bit too fitted. The pic of it is on the right. Did I make the right choice?

Comment

Working...
                                X