Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RMac, it varies tremendously. In my experience it is better to go by measurements than by sizes when shopping online. Sizes are not consistent within a brand, much less across different brands.

Here's an example: Suit Supply. I am a 38R in the Napoli fit. The 38R jacket has shoulders that are ~18.5" wide. I'm a 40R in the Havana fit, which has shoulders that are 18" wide. In other words, 40R in one style is actually smaller than 38R in another.

Brooks Brothers is another good example. I wear a 39R in the Fitsgerald which gives me ~18" shoulders, a 38R in the Regent, which is about 0.5" wider in the shoulders and much wider in the body, and 40R in the Milano, which is tighter than both of the other jackets despite being a larger size.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      RMac, the blazer looks too big for you. It's usable, but I would size down.
      I agree with bruschetta.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! They didn't have a 38R at the store, so I guess I am back to wearing the 40. I had the 38 shipped to the store early last week, along with the correct size in pants, but the blazer didn't show up. They said it might be on the next truck on Wednesday, but I will be out of town by then. It's frustrating, but I think this will work okay in a pinch. I am very much looking forward to having my own suit that fits well though. I think I need to go in and get a specific measurement and then look into which size of the Thompson would be best.

Comment

What is your guys' opinion on the length of this new brief I picked up? It's longer than my other briefs/bags. Works still?

For comparison here's my Twill messenger Bag:

Comment

I like it. Is it longer for legal sized folders? The straps looks a little long though.

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
              I like it. Is it longer for legal sized folders? The straps looks a little long though.
              Not too sure. I found it second hand. The bag looks like it's for a male but the straps are long...this is a man's bag tho I think...right?

Comment

The bag is fine, not digging the straps though. They look a bit purse-like to me.

Comment

Did some systematic googling. "leather briefcase women" turned up more results with long straps then "leather briefcase men" which had next to none. But of course that doesn't definitively tell us anything. Know any leather works? You could always have the straps shortened?

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                    Did some systematic googling. "leather briefcase women" turned up more results with long straps then "leather briefcase men" which had next to none. But of course that doesn't definitively tell us anything. Know any leather works? You could always have the straps shortened?
                    So I ended up finding it online "Cutter & Buck American Classic WOMENS CompuCase":http://www.brymarkpromostore.com/pro...%20add&sort=az

As you might guess this my immediate reaction:

Followed by thoughts of:

Upon realizing my shame:

This was immediately followed by me expressing:

I had even asked the women if they thought it was a man's bag from the place i got it from lol; they all said it was probably for a guy. Anyways...worth converting by shortening the straps? Or should I just toss it?
                    Last edited by Acousticfoodie; February 17, 2013, 02:29 AM.

Comment

LOL well played sir, well played. If the price is right to get the straps shortened then why not? The only issue you might run into is if a woman can identify it which would be unlikely.

Comment

Don't toss it. Donate it in the pay it forward thread so i can claim it for my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                          So I ended up finding it online "Cutter & Buck American Classic WOMENS CompuCase":http://www.brymarkpromostore.com/pro...%20add&sort=az
                          Upon realizing my shame
                          Acousticfoodie, I will never let you live this down. Never.

Comment

Now that I figured out how to attach photos, I have this Blazer I picked up a month ago at BR. Its the Tailored Tweed Blazer that was $250 and I picked it up for $95 with all the sales. I am new to the "Blazer world" as I am re-doing my wardrobe with forum advice. Also, what can be worn with this....more importantly color of pants? Thanks!

I will work on a better location in the home for lighting and backdrop...

Comment

Shorten sleeves and undo the vent stitches would be a good start.
                              Also the neck looks a little too big as there is a bit of a gap between your shirt collar or you are wearing it crooked

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                                Shorten sleeves and undo the vent stitches would be a good start.
                                Also the neck looks a little too big as there is a bit of a gap between your shirt collar or you are wearing it crooked
                                Thanks for the quick tips! Yeah, I was too excited to take photos and post it that I didn't take off the tags, cut the stitch or even straightened the collar, lol. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X