Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasnt concerned about the sleeve lol, its actually just caught on my elbow. it doesnt wrap my body well at all... I asked her to move the buttons because she took the seams as far as they would go without having the pockets on the side be covered up by the jacket itself. I think now that the jacket is taken in at the seams i can have her move the buttons all the way. Other wise, i have no idea how to stop the hip flaring. (i saw that and don't really know what to tell her)

Comment

@Eric: Based on that pic and the cost of the blazer, I wouldn't think twice about it. The shoulders look fine and, sure, there's a *small* amount of pulling at the button, but it doesn't appear, at least from the pic, that you're bursting out of the jacket. More than serviceable, imo.

Comment

Thanks for the input, Idle. I actually just wore it out to dinner and drinks last night and everything felt fine. I think all of this searching and forum browsing has me over exposed to the world of perfect fits (hah!) and most people don't pay too much attention to the minor details anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
          Thanks for the input, Idle. I actually just wore it out to dinner and drinks last night and everything felt fine. I think all of this searching and forum browsing has me over exposed to the world of perfect fits (hah!) and most people don't pay too much attention to the minor details anyway.
          +1 This is a very healthy way of thinking. I hope most people take the fit critiques here in the same stride.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
            wasnt concerned about the sleeve lol, its actually just caught on my elbow. it doesnt wrap my body well at all... I asked her to move the buttons because she took the seams as far as they would go without having the pockets on the side be covered up by the jacket itself. I think now that the jacket is taken in at the seams i can have her move the buttons all the way. Other wise, i have no idea how to stop the hip flaring. (i saw that and don't really know what to tell her)
            Is that a peacoat or a blazer?

It seems really short and the bottom & the flaring out definitely makes you look top heavy.

Are you going to a tailor or a dry cleaner/alterations place?

Comment

haha @shadow - its a blazer. i just took it back to her. She apologized profusely - it turns out when our plans to move the buttons AND the seams, she only did the seams. Updates on Wed.

Comment

Here's the final fit. I'd move the outside buttons again and the jigger but other them that its good

Comment

Just got the BR Navy Birdseye blazer that Joe mentioned the other day. It feels a little snug, but I'm interested to see what y'all think.

Comment

There is the X in it that says it is a bit tight, but hey, if you like it, keep it

Comment

Looks like the only tailoring it really needs is to let the midsection out a bit.

Comment

bjmcgeever, I'm a bit more conservative than most people here. I find that jacket far too tight in all areas. I recommend sizing up.

Comment

@Matt and @Vicious - I was thinking the same thing. The other BR Tailored blazer I have seems to have stretched out a bit, so I might give it a few wears. Also, I need to see how much my tailor will charge.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            bjmcgeever, I'm a bit more conservative than most people here. I find that jacket far too tight in all areas. I recommend sizing up.
                            I'm concerned that the shoulders will be too large if I do so. Also, the sleeves will be far too long. The jacket has functional buttons, so I'm concerned that they couldn't be taken up.

Comment

So, Got home and tried on my Jcrew Ludlow Tweed coat i snagged off ebay last night. A couple of concerns regarding fit, let me know what you think. I think the shoulders may be too wide (my shoulders definitely slope down, so fitting jackets to them can be annoying). Also feel like the button stance is an inch or so too low, but manageable.

Thoughts?

Comment

Depending on how slim you want it to look, it could probably come in a bit on the waist, but that's up to personal preference.

Comment

Working...
                                X