X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ no love?

Comment

catching up in reverse order,

TradBrah, neither size looks good. The medium is a bit better because of the length, drape, and shoulders. However, the shoulders are funky in both sizes.

charliebrown2, I wouldn't touch the jacket. It's close enough that I think you're good to go. Also, altering the shoulders is next to impossible. The pants look off to me: they are too tight in your thighs and bottom. There's no easy way to fix this unless you give yourself more room in the bottom.

Bud Calabrese, I really can't tell based on that picture. Sorry. My off-the-cuff assessment is that the shoulders are a good 2" too wide for your frame.

JoshuaNY, The length of the jacket looks great to me. The sleeves are too long, but that's an easy fix at the tailor's. If you like the style of pea coats then this looks like a great find.

Jessy, that was a funky looking blazer. Good call on returning it.

dstepner, It's impossible to tell for sure, but the suit looks great to me.

Comment

Shitty picture but what do you guys think of the fit of this sweater. It is a JCP cashmere size S. I think it fits pretty well. I know I need to stick some wurkin stiffs in to tame my collar before wearing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by thepenguin99 View Post
          Shitty picture but what do you guys think of the fit of this sweater. It is a JCP cashmere size S. I think it fits pretty well. I know I need to stick some wurkin stiffs in to tame my collar before wearing it out.

Photo makes it hard to judge. It looks good overall. Perhaps a bit long at the waist but I have the same issue when I'm in between sizes. That's a nice color.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post

charliebrown2, I wouldn't touch the jacket. It's close enough that I think you're good to go. Also, altering the shoulders is next to impossible. The pants look off to me: they are too tight in your thighs and bottom. There's no easy way to fix this unless you give yourself more room in the bottom.
            Thanks for your comments. It's from IC, so I can submit for a remake (within reason). Any other suggestion in fixing the pants aside from increasing the hips and thigh size? Thanks.

Comment

Picked this up for $35 while visiting NYC. The flash from the camera makes it seem much shinier than it actually is.

Comment

Vicious49, thank you for being the first to offer an outfit design for Dappered's 1980's Community Rock Band.

Comment

Hahaha. I did grow up in the 80's.

Comment

just picked this up on EBay - how would you tailor it? i'm thinking just take it in on the sides as far as itll go

It may not look very wide - but it feels like it's draping off me - although it might jsut be the hips that are wide - thoughts?

Comment

Jacket fit I'm not very good at (will be some pictures of my own coming up in a day or so), but given your photos in WIWT, that looks wide to me too. That being said, double breasted with on two rows? Quick hunting also suggests don't button the bottom row?

Comment

Was just buttoning to show the fit, you're absolutely correct I won't button when I wear it

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                          JoshuaNY, The length of the jacket looks great to me. The sleeves are too long, but that's an easy fix at the tailor's. If you like the style of pea coats then this looks like a great find.
                          Thanks Brusch, I appreciate the feedback

Comment

Got this Kensington jacket a few weeks ago but have yet to wear it. I think it fits pretty well except the sleeves might be a tad long. Do you think the sleeves need to be tailored or could I get away with leaving it as is? I'd prefer not to spend tailoring money on a $30 jacket.

Ignore whatever else I'm wearing as I just threw it over my outfit. I'll most likely be wearing it unbuttoned, but buttoned it up for the sake of the pics. Of course, whether it's buttoned or not, I have the same problem most people do in that it's tight across the back when you try to do anything (even simple stuff like tying your shoelaces). But it's fine as long as you're just sitting, standing or walking.

Comment

@vicious: I see you've joined the kensington club lol. What size are you wearing?

Comment

It's a Medium. I got it in navy and khaki. Can't beat a decent fitting jacket for $30.

Comment

Working...
                                X