This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post

Opinions? If too big I'll just end up selling it to someone here.

The shoulders seem a bit big, but that could be the padding. It could use some waist suppression, but otherwise I think it's wearable.

Comment

Moral of the story? Never doubt joe. Stafford chalkstripe

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
        Moral of the story? Never doubt joe. Stafford chalkstripe

What was Joe's advice?

Comment

JCP Blazer in Small. Pics below are with and without a sweater under it, and taken in daughter's messy room. I'm normally a 39 or 40R. What do you think?

http://imgur.com/a/0N4Fw

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
            This is the GAP Moleskin blazer featured here in the past: http://dappered.com/2011/10/banana-r...s-30-off-sale/

I've honestly must have worn it only twice back when I was 25 pounds heavier. Now It's probably too big to fit me properly. Opinions? If too big I'll just end up selling it to someone here.

I owned the same blazer and ended up getting rid of it. I could never find an occasion when I thought the moleskin was more appropriate than any of my other blazers, and I disliked the "peaking" of the shoulders. Very '80s-power-suit-tastic IMO.

Originally posted by Juan View Post
            JCP Blazer in Small. Pics below are with and without a sweater under it, and taken in daughter's messy room. I'm normally a 39 or 40R. What do you think?

http://imgur.com/a/0N4Fw
            The fit there looks pretty good overall. The shoulders seem a bit sharp, but that may just be the cut of the jacket and/or your body type. The fit itself seems to be good. Doesn't look like you'll need any tailoring, which to me always makes the difference in whether a cheap blazer is worth buying or not.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan S
              Hello,

I'd like some opinions on the two items below:

The blazer I've had in my closet since... um... some time in the late 90s. The pants are from Target around the beginning of the fall.

Something about the fit of both of these pieces seems a little off to me. Thought I'd ask for a second opinion.
              for some reason or the other, i am not able to view. Is this only me?
              "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                for some reason or the other, i am not able to view. Is this only me?
                No, I don't see any pictures/links either.

Comment

Sorry about that, fixed the visibility settings in Picasa.

Comment

Still no dice
                    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Comment

I have no idea why my pictures aren't posting, so here's a direct link:

The blazer
                        The pants

Comment

All right guys, here goes...as the name states, brand new at this site and, in general, in caring about how things fit. Been trying to get caught up to speed in the past few months checking here every now and then and think I've learned some stuff, but this is my first post.

So, here's the deal. By the perfect storm of gift card from a friend for a birthday + a new job + a BIG sale at a local department store, I ended up getting myself a pretty nice suit, or at least nicer than anything I've ever owned before. The tailor in the department store hemmed the pants a bit but said the suit jacket fit me just right and didn't need any tailoring. Now, I knew he was probably wrong on the jacket not needing to be altered at all, but I have a tailor who doesn't work in-house at a store I go to, so I just had the guy in store hem the pants. Now, I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to the rest of the suit.

I think its pretty clear the pants need to be hemmed up a little more, but I wanted some advice from here first. Please excuse the messy background/mirror shot, it was all I could get a picture to come from. Thanks in advance for the help!

Here's a shot from the side. I don't know what's going on with the sleeve looking wrinkled, it doesn't usually look like that so I think its just the way I'm twisting to take the picture (surprisingly difficult to get it to come out with the mirrors in my house for some reason, ha)

So what do you guys think? I'd like to have it cut so that it looks as nice as it can. Any advice is appreciated.

Also, for the record, here is a blazer I just got back from the tailor I'm thinking of taking the above suit to. What do you guys think?

Comment

As the user name says, here's my first post ever. new to this site in the last couple months and new to trying to dress better/have things fit well in the past few months as well. I've learned a lot from following this site, but I was curious for some input from you guys on a few things. Also, apologies if this turns out to be a double post, tried to post this a minute ago and it didn't appear to go through so I re-typed it out. I'll delete a post as needed.

So, by the perfect storm of a gift card from a friend for a birthday + a new job + a BIG sale at a local department store, I got myself a pretty nice new suit, or at least one that is nicer than anything I've ever owned before. The tailor in store hemmed the pants a bit, but said the jacket fit just fine and didn't want to do anything to it. I have a tailor I go to outside of that store for other stuff, so I just planned to take the suit to him. I'm curious what you guys think needs to be done to the suit:

and

It looks to me like the pants need to be hemmed more and waist taken in? Any other thoughts? Also, the weird wrinkling on the sleeve is a product of the way I had to stand to take the picture, it doesn't usually look like that. Surprisingly difficult to get a decent shot of the suit with my mirrors in my house, haha.

Also, for the record, here's a blazer I just got back from the tailor. What do you think? Trust him with the suit too?

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys might have!

Comment

Dragon Inside

Hi Everyone - I jumped on the Dragon Inside deal and got this navy suit. What do you think of the fit? Bunt, single, double..etc...

Its my first MTM and couldnt pass on a full canvas suit at the price they were offering.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1124644...eat=directlink

Comment

Out at first plate. Shoulders look too big, chest is boxy, waist is nonexistent (looks like waist = chest)... can't see your body shape at all. Honestly looks like you need a total remake. I'm not trying to be harsh but did you do the measurements accurately? Actually if you don't mind go ahead and post a picture of you in your best-fitting dress shirt. It would give us a better idea of how it fits.

Comment

Working...
                                X