• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the jacket?

Front:
    Back:
    Sides: /

-Jacket seems a little tight across the waist and maybe chest, I think it's acceptable?
    -I need to press down that lapel roll
    -Hate how high the button stance is, but again I think it's acceptable
    -Got a comment on SF that shoulders are too tight?

Thanks.

Comment

@chicubs - As others have said, I think you're not quite wearing it the way it's intended to be worn. Chunky cardigans like that are NEVER intended to have every button done. Here's my suggestion: unbutton the bottom button, undo the toggle at the top (it's for show - not intended to be fastened), AND undo the top button. Finally, fold down the shawl collar so it looks like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y_MjTFQ3m8...crew+shawl.jpg (notice his top button is undone, too).

Then take another picture and post it here for us to give you some better comments on fit!

Comment

Got two of these from BR on Black Friday, but they seem huge, even for a small (and I don't think BR goes to XS). They're wool so I can't throw them in the dryer, but does anyone have an experience with ways to shrink these down or am I returning them?

Comment

Tim, I was given one of those BR v-neck sweaters as a gift. They're baggy in the body, and the v-neck dips far too low for my liking. I think that they're a miss on BR's part.

Comment

Yeah, BR's sizing seems wildly inconsistent. Grabbed a tshirt there and it too is much baggier than my usual target ones. Their dress shirts were fitting me fine however. Any idea for decent sweaters that are fairly inexpensive? I have a couple Target ones but they're a little bit on the short side.

Comment

I got a Factory Thompson in Navy during the Black Friday sale. The pants aren't coming for awhile as they were backordered, but I have the jacket. It's a 36R and I feel its a little too tight. However, the shoulders and length are good, so I think a 38 would be too large. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Last edited by LakeCharles; December 5, 2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Picked this J Crew Factory coat up a few weeks ago. Seems like a good fit to me but it never hurts to get an extra opinion.

Comment

Looks good, Vicious! It's nice when something fits that well off the rack. You may even be able to fit a sport coat under it.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious49 View Post
                    picked this j crew factory coat up a few weeks ago. Seems like a good fit to me but it never hurts to get an extra opinion.
                    perfect!
                    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by LakeCharles View Post
                      I got a Factory Thompson in Navy during the Black Friday sale. The pants aren't coming for awhile as they were backordered, but I have the jacket. It's a 36R and I feel its a little too tight. However, the shoulders and length are good, so I think a 38 would be too large. Anyway, what are your thoughts?
                      Lighting is bad but from what i can tell looks pretty good. shorten the sleeves. next time try with slacks on.
                      I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Got two of these from BR on Black Friday, but they seem huge, even for a small (and I don't think BR goes to XS). They're wool so I can't throw them in the dryer, but does anyone have an experience with ways to shrink these down or am I returning them?
                        It is too big. And actually you can throw it in the dryer, you need one of those dryer bag things for wool. Bought 1 from target and i throw my wool in it all the time no issues...buy a mesh wash bag like this http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-L...+mesh+wash+bag. The dryer will shrisk in but pay attention to it you dont want it shrink too much
                        I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                          It is too big. And actually you can throw it in the dryer, you need one of those dryer bag things for wool. Bought 1 from target and i throw my wool in it all the time no issues...buy a mesh wash bag like this http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-L...+mesh+wash+bag. The dryer will shrisk in but pay attention to it you dont want it shrink too much
                          Wow that's interesting, shrinking wool sweaters, I have some wool sweaters I wouldn't mind shrinking a bit. How long and what heat level?

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                            Wow that's interesting, shrinking wool sweaters, I have some wool sweaters I wouldn't mind shrinking a bit. How long and what heat level?
                            You will need to wash it in hot/cold water setting on the washing mashing (it MUST be in the mesh bag) This is where the shrinking starts. Once thats complete you throw it in the dryer, i usually use the normal setting and put the heat on high and spin rate amedium. I set for about an hour periodically going downstairs to check level of shrinkage. I have done it to 3 sweaters and each worked, no pilling and uneven shrink, since it was in the mesh wash bag. The wash bag is a must have IMO, thats how i wash all delicate items. Put the soap in bag and toss in the washer.
                            I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                              That's incredibly tempting. I wonder if I can find a wool sweater at GoodWill to test with. Presumably from the Amazon link I want the sweater bag, which I think is just a larger version of the one linked?

Comment

This is the GAP Moleskin blazer featured here in the past: http://dappered.com/2011/10/banana-r...s-30-off-sale/

I've honestly must have worn it only twice back when I was 25 pounds heavier. Now It's probably too big to fit me properly. Opinions? If too big I'll just end up selling it to someone here.

Comment

Working...
                                X