• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the jacket?

Front:
    Back:
    Sides: /

-Jacket seems a little tight across the waist and maybe chest, I think it's acceptable?
    -I need to press down that lapel roll
    -Hate how high the button stance is, but again I think it's acceptable
    -Got a comment on SF that shoulders are too tight?

Thanks.

Comment

• @chicubs - As others have said, I think you're not quite wearing it the way it's intended to be worn. Chunky cardigans like that are NEVER intended to have every button done. Here's my suggestion: unbutton the bottom button, undo the toggle at the top (it's for show - not intended to be fastened), AND undo the top button. Finally, fold down the shawl collar so it looks like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y_MjTFQ3m8...crew+shawl.jpg (notice his top button is undone, too).

Then take another picture and post it here for us to give you some better comments on fit!

Comment

• Got two of these from BR on Black Friday, but they seem huge, even for a small (and I don't think BR goes to XS). They're wool so I can't throw them in the dryer, but does anyone have an experience with ways to shrink these down or am I returning them?

Comment

• Tim, I was given one of those BR v-neck sweaters as a gift. They're baggy in the body, and the v-neck dips far too low for my liking. I think that they're a miss on BR's part.

Comment

• Yeah, BR's sizing seems wildly inconsistent. Grabbed a tshirt there and it too is much baggier than my usual target ones. Their dress shirts were fitting me fine however. Any idea for decent sweaters that are fairly inexpensive? I have a couple Target ones but they're a little bit on the short side.

Comment

• I got a Factory Thompson in Navy during the Black Friday sale. The pants aren't coming for awhile as they were backordered, but I have the jacket. It's a 36R and I feel its a little too tight. However, the shoulders and length are good, so I think a 38 would be too large. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Last edited by LakeCharles; December 5, 2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Picked this J Crew Factory coat up a few weeks ago. Seems like a good fit to me but it never hurts to get an extra opinion.

Comment

• Looks good, Vicious! It's nice when something fits that well off the rack. You may even be able to fit a sport coat under it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious49 View Post
                    picked this j crew factory coat up a few weeks ago. Seems like a good fit to me but it never hurts to get an extra opinion.
                    perfect!
                    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeCharles View Post
                      I got a Factory Thompson in Navy during the Black Friday sale. The pants aren't coming for awhile as they were backordered, but I have the jacket. It's a 36R and I feel its a little too tight. However, the shoulders and length are good, so I think a 38 would be too large. Anyway, what are your thoughts?
                      Lighting is bad but from what i can tell looks pretty good. shorten the sleeves. next time try with slacks on.
                      I>0<I

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post

Got two of these from BR on Black Friday, but they seem huge, even for a small (and I don't think BR goes to XS). They're wool so I can't throw them in the dryer, but does anyone have an experience with ways to shrink these down or am I returning them?
                        It is too big. And actually you can throw it in the dryer, you need one of those dryer bag things for wool. Bought 1 from target and i throw my wool in it all the time no issues...buy a mesh wash bag like this http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-L...+mesh+wash+bag. The dryer will shrisk in but pay attention to it you dont want it shrink too much
                        I>0<I

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                          It is too big. And actually you can throw it in the dryer, you need one of those dryer bag things for wool. Bought 1 from target and i throw my wool in it all the time no issues...buy a mesh wash bag like this http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-L...+mesh+wash+bag. The dryer will shrisk in but pay attention to it you dont want it shrink too much
                          Wow that's interesting, shrinking wool sweaters, I have some wool sweaters I wouldn't mind shrinking a bit. How long and what heat level?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                            Wow that's interesting, shrinking wool sweaters, I have some wool sweaters I wouldn't mind shrinking a bit. How long and what heat level?
                            You will need to wash it in hot/cold water setting on the washing mashing (it MUST be in the mesh bag) This is where the shrinking starts. Once thats complete you throw it in the dryer, i usually use the normal setting and put the heat on high and spin rate amedium. I set for about an hour periodically going downstairs to check level of shrinkage. I have done it to 3 sweaters and each worked, no pilling and uneven shrink, since it was in the mesh wash bag. The wash bag is a must have IMO, thats how i wash all delicate items. Put the soap in bag and toss in the washer.
                            I>0<I

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                              That's incredibly tempting. I wonder if I can find a wool sweater at GoodWill to test with. Presumably from the Amazon link I want the sweater bag, which I think is just a larger version of the one linked?

Comment

• This is the GAP Moleskin blazer featured here in the past: http://dappered.com/2011/10/banana-r...s-30-off-sale/

I've honestly must have worn it only twice back when I was 25 pounds heavier. Now It's probably too big to fit me properly. Opinions? If too big I'll just end up selling it to someone here.

Comment

Working...
                                X