Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other thought - in all honesty, who cares if it's a little big in the shoulders? If it looks alright in the total package, you could make it work. Not if it dwarfs you...but if it's close but a little big, sometimes you just call it a day.

Comment

My other jackets are all a little big in the shoulders, so I'm kinda used to it. Measured them, the jacket is 17", I think I need 16.5". I'll see what I can do with my tailor.

Custom (or at least MTM) is a great option for suits or some dress shirts, but a fun blazer I'll wear 10 times a year max ? Not worth it to me.

Comment

They can bring it in that much on the center seam. They should bring it in on the side seams under the arms, too, because it looks baggy through the body.

Comment

@Jessy - That's exactly what I was thinking. I know it's a shorter Canadian summer, but let's hope for 20 times this year. =D

Have you tried a custom shirt or suit?

Comment

Had a trial custom shirt from ModernTailor. Wasn't perfect, but now I know what to tweak. I might buy another one (probably from another website) in a few months.

I might order a custom suit pretty soon, if I can bring myself to pull the trigger. A great suit is always useful to have, but it's a miracle if I get to wear one once a year.

Comment

I hear that. I need to wear mine more often. Avoiding a black suit would have helped! The grey is one I will actually wear.

Comment

h&m linen blazer. 36R

a little big in the shoulders. what do you guys think?

Comment

It looks big. In the Put This On article JC linked to, your sleeves have the dimple that they point out:

Fortunately, they sell a 34R!

Comment

It fits great everywhere except the shoulders.... well, the sleeves are a bit long, but that's easy. See what your tailor says. It looks to me like it needs to come in at least an inch in the shoulders, which could be tricky.

Comment

OK! I got the 40r gray ticket pocket blazer from the gap in the mail today. I had previously posted pics of the 40s, which was too short for me (at 5 foot 7). I also got the 38s and 40s alfani red suit jackets and the corresponding pants. I'll put them in a separate post.

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4271.jpg

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4272.jpg

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4273.jpg

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4274.jpg

The last pic i have it pulled a bit tighter to simulate having the waist tapered.

What do you think? It doesn't look too long to me, surprisingly. I will, of course, shorten the sleeves and taper the waist if I keep it.

Comment

I'll post pics of the suits tomorrow. Having some computer issues.

Comment

The shoulders look a bit wide and it's baggy all over. The back is very messy but I'm not sure exactly how to fix it, so you'd have to ask a tailor.

Comment

Scooter, you might have to get a smaller size; the shoulders have a slope like they are passing by you natural shoulders, i feel like if you went down 1 size youd ge good to go becasue the taper at the sides are good and the arms would look more narrow. I like the way the jacket is structured though, and one size down might hug your frame to perfection... but the length is good so i wonder if you size down would it affect the length greatly? I doubt it but sometihng to think about, its not terrible on you though, the tailor could snip it up but the shoulders may hurt your cause

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                            I>0<I

Comment

@nftmlk, i think you need to size down, it gives the impression of a zip suit on yousuper wide shoulders.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                              I>0<I

Comment

Scooter - bummer. I wish I had suggested going with the 38R. Curious to see the Alfani.

Comment

Working...
                                X