Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd get some fit comments on these new items. I'll be getting the sleeves taken up on the jacket. I think the shirt fits pretty good.

Last edited by jputman08; November 12, 2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
      @Corz, I dig the style, but not the fit. I am surprised by how baggy it is given that it is JCrew
      Hey guys. No worries. I'm here for honest opinions. I had the same concerns...I liked the field jacket style but I felt it was too baggy/boxy. Do you guys think going down to M from L would make a difference??

Comment

Originally posted by corz123 View Post
        Hey guys. No worries. I'm here for honest opinions. I had the same concerns...I liked the field jacket style but I felt it was too baggy/boxy. Do you guys think going down to M from L would make a difference??
        Yes. If you've got room yet in the shoulders and chest, size down to see how the waist fits.

Comment

Originally posted by jputman08 View Post
          Thought I'd get some fit comments on these new items. I'll be getting the sleeves taken up on the jacket. I think the shirt fits pretty good.
          Shirt looks good! Jacket could be taken in a bit at the waist if you want a slimmer fit (looks like there's a decent bit of room between your hips and the jacket), but it's honestly not a bad fit off the rack!

Comment

The shirt looks good. The SC is nice, fit is ok. I think it might be the way your taking the pic so it seems like the sides might need to be taken in slightly but that may all be posture. looks good to me...
            "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

Jacket looks good man. As you said, take up the sleeves slightly and you're good to go.

#StayDapper
              "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
              #StayDapper

Comment

Both the shirt and sport coat look good to me. I would not take the sides in on the jacket as others have recommended; it looks good as it is and you don't want too much of an hourglass shape. Nice finds.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                  I think it might be the way your taking the pic so it seems like the sides might need to be taken in slightly but that may all be posture. looks good to me...
                  First time trying to take photos of myself so I tried to get a decent representation of the fit. I don't usually look that "curvy". I think you're right. It could be the orientation of the photo.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Comment

thoughts on this blazer?

lapel is wide, but i thought it was close enough to not be a big deal. 27 bucks, made in USA, 100% wool.

Last edited by mr. mr.; November 13, 2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

mr. mr., I find the wide lapels fun, but the shoulders look too wide. Is that the case? If not, I'd rock that blazer as a statement piece.

Comment

the shoulders are a little wide - if i was spending good money i wouldn't have bought it, but for 25 bucks (when i don't have a blazer and could use a casual blazer to not really give a crap about) i thought they weren't too much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. mr. View Post
                          thoughts on this blazer?

lapel is wide, but i thought it was close enough to not be a big deal. 27 bucks, made in USA, 100% wool.
                          Shoulders are extremely too wide and seems like there is a lot of shoulder padding going on. Pass
                          "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                          #StayDapper

Comment

I would appreciate any feedback on this navy ludlow suit from Jcrew. Its a size 42r. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Found this wool jacket for $5 while thrifting. Paid $20 to have it taken in at the waist. I'm 6'5", with a 17" neck, 36" arms, and a 40" chest, so finding something that even remotely fits is exciting.

Thoughts? It's a center vent, which isn't my favorite, but I'm not going to be picky about a $25 jacket.
                              Last edited by xich; November 15, 2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

it's not perfect (maybe a bit big in shoulders and long in tail) - but it's plenty good. love the shirt too.

Comment

Working...
                                X