Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2) Use word pictures In addition to the Air Jordan 11 IE listed in May 2003, (white gray and black red) to continue to the Jordan Brand Xtreme style: the color changes similar to but, been more criticism than praise,uggs! e recognized the importance of the king International law tells us,related articles:

uggs 13588zlu273, preempt "object only don't belong to any nation land"; International law also told us,uggs outlet, "illegal behavior does not produce legal rights"According to the daily star,related articles:

ugg 1696zpc082,www.uggsalechampions.com, Lebanon on September 13,related articles:

ugg boots 8264knb541, news,ugg boots on sale, of former Lebanese prime minister saad hariri,ugg boots outlet, has accused the Lebanese hezbollah Syria provide weapons and delivery armed personnel, in his 12th speech urged hezbollah to stop the action, says Lebanese shouldn't as "crime regime" operations

Comment

@bruceville Looks short to me.

Comment

@Danis: For the suit I would do several things:

1. Have the pants hemmed.

2. Have the pants taken in through the seat and thigh. They look a bit too loose. They can be form fitted but not tight and inflexible.

Jacket:

Have the shoulders taken in a 1/2 inch on either side, and have a tailor bring in the back. It seems really flat in the back and if you have them bring it in, it will be much more slimming. The jacket just seems boxy right now and seems to make you look bigger than you really are. (Not that you look big, but rather I think this suit has the potential to make you VERY sleek).

@bruceville:

It looks too small to me in length and around (but it may be because the pics are not very clear). I would go up to a 40R and have it tailored in. The 38 seems fine in a lot of places, but in some others I think a slightly looser fit would be more flattering. Going up the size would give your tailor the extra material to work with to recut the jacket to be very handsome. OR, if the 38 is in a 'slim' cut in addition to a 'short' length, I would go to the regular cut/regular length version if available. It's just hard to see if the bunching/pulling in the back is because of the size/cut, or because of how you're standing.

Comment

So I just got the Merona peacoat ala http://dappered.com/2012/10/best-aff...llwinter-2012/. I don't know whether I should return it for a small [I'm wearing a medium]. First time posting here, so hopefully you guys can help me out =]

Comment

Haha, and here I come to post my Merona peacoat, this one's a small. I haven't worn an actual jacket in ~10 years so I can't decide if the fit is normal or weird on me. The sleeves are too long but I read that can be altered on the coat?

Peacoat pic

Comment

Just curious about buying suits. Mainly the Thompson. Can't really try these on (no stores nearby).

I have a 42' chest and a 32' waist so finding a good fit is awfully hard. I wear Mediums, but I find that my best fitting shirt is a Polo Ralph Lauren shirt Custom Fit Medium. I currently have a suit that is size 42, but obviously the waist is a little big. Should I try a size 40 suit?

Comment

Depends on how it fits in the chest and shoulders. If it's a snug fit up top then just get the waist taken in, if you feel like there's a good bit of room in the chest then try the 40. Also I wish I had more than one PRL shirt in Custom Fit, it's awesome!

Tenniskid: sleeves are obviously long, length looks good. Main thing is it seems to be hanging a bit from your shoulders, which is a sign it could be too big. But it's dark and hard to tell. Try on the jacket with a full winter outfit before sizing down though. You don't want it to feel too tight with a shirt and sweater on underneath!

Tim: You're right about the sleeves, and they can be altered. But I noticed the double row of stitching on the cuffs and that may be an issue unless you don't care to preserve it. But I don't know too much about alterations yet. It fits you pretty well, I'd say keep it if you like it!

Comment

@matthewmac The sleeves are a little wide, but I think it's okay because of the black cuff things.

Comment

Hey guys, would appreciate any thoughts on the pics I posted in this thread: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/ye...=13#post-48273

Comment

Hey guys. I'm on the hunt for a nice field jacket for myself. Found the British Millerain for JCrew on sale but I find myself unsure about the fit and the feeling of the waxed cotton. Cant' seem to shake the feeling that it's a bit boxy and is cut oddly. The adjustment at the chest level also bumps into my ribs and back a bit too much. I'd like some opinions about it and a recommendation if I should opt to try to Medium or a different brand altogether? I tend to keep my stuff for a long time so I always want things to be perfect. Thanks!

Comment

corz123, the jacket that you posted resembles the type of jacket I see on homeless men. I promise that I'm not trying to be rude, but that's the impression that I get from your pictures. Baggy, covered in flap pockets and straps, and an unpleasant shade of green or brown.

Comment

@Corz, I dig the style, but not the fit. I am surprised by how baggy it is given that it is JCrew
                          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            corz123, the jacket that you posted resembles the type of jacket I see on homeless men. I promise that I'm not trying to be rude, but that's the impression that I get from your pictures. Baggy, covered in flap pockets and straps, and an unpleasant shade of green or brown.
                            lol. He's got a point.

Comment

Agreed, not a fan :\ Don't know if the LE oilcloth comes in Extra Small but you could give that a shot. The small fits me (5'9ish, 165) well, so you'd need to size down. Pretty cheap ($70-80?)

Comment

Originally posted by TennisKid1192 View Post
                                So I just got the Merona peacoat ala http://dappered.com/2012/10/best-aff...llwinter-2012/. I don't know whether I should return it for a small [I'm wearing a medium]. First time posting here, so hopefully you guys can help me out =]
                                Definitely go for a small. It is rather big on you.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                Haha, and here I come to post my Merona peacoat, this one's a small. I haven't worn an actual jacket in ~10 years so I can't decide if the fit is normal or weird on me. The sleeves are too long but I read that can be altered on the coat?
                                As for you, I'd say small is just about right. Not sure about tailoring the sleeves but I would assume it could be done. For $60 its worth the risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X