Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@bruschetta - I only have one button on the sleeves, and it is already pretty tight. To the point where it is hard to fit my watch (Seiko 5 series automatic) underneath it.

@SDot - Yes, the sleeves are buttoned the tightest they can be.

Thank you both for you input. I washed it and pressed it, and it seems a little better. I think I'll take it back to my tailor today to get it taken care of. Eric from Ratio is super nice, and offered to reimburse me the cost of the alterations should I decide to do so.

Comment

I helped a friend move today, and he gave me this interesting blazer. It's a little on the short side, but I rather like it for casual stuff. What do you guys think? Wearable? (Please excuse the ill-fitting jeans... and I can't get much better pictures by myself, apologies. And I'm sure there's some sort of style crime involving the sweater as well ...)

Comment

@Andrewski: When you lift your arms up, does your shirt pull up out of the shirt at all? In other words, does it stay looking like that at the end of the day?

Comment

Can anyone help me with fit for the Lands' End Rugby shirt? Small is the first one. Medium is the bottom one. 6'0, 175 lbs

Rugby Small

Rugby Medium

Comment

Medium.

Comment

@Johdus: Thanks!...It's not too baggy is it?

Comment

Wondering if it's worth it to pick up the pants to go with this jacket. Bought the jacket a while back before I had any idea how to dress myself. Calvin Klein slim-fit, deep navy with a really subtle pinstripe. I like the jacket, but clearly the armholes are on the low side. Also, while the shoulder padding is minimal, and it passes the "wall lean" test, that clearly isn't the natural shape of my shoulder.

The pants are usually on sale at Macy's for roughly $60-70, so it wouldn't be a huge purchase, but if the jacket is a failure then I'll just chalk it up as a loss. Thanks for any help, album below.

http://imgur.com/a/KZIKo#mTiTe0

Comment

I just bought this trench coat at Uniqlo. I'm wondering if it's worth keeping this. I think it's a tad bit long at the sleeves and it flares out at the bottom because there's too much excess material? What do you guys think?

http://imgur.com/a/1nGcV

Also, what exactly am I supposed to do with the belt? Tie it in the front or back? What kind of knot? I'm not really sure. Haha.

Comment

Don't buckle the belt. Tie it in a simple knot a la Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.

You can also tie the belt in a simple knot behind your back, so that it's basically decorative. Or else you can remove it altogether. Any of these three options is preferable to simply leaving it hanging, or trying to thread the whole thing through the buckle every time you want to cinch it.

As far as fit goes, it's impossible to tell the fit of any double-breasted garment unless it is buttoned up. So I can't comment on the flare. Body length, sleeve length both seem fine. Sleeve length in outerwear can vary depending on taste - I personally like my outerwear sleeves a bit longer than my ordinary jacket sleeves. Others prefer them on the short side. Shoulders are a touch big but that's not unusual or necessarily undesirable in outerwear, particularly if you intend to wear the trench over a jacket.

Ben

Comment

Navy cord blazer from Sears (strangely, I find a lot of stuff there in my size). I could get it for very cheap if it goes on sale (retail price is $100). Obviously, sleeves are too long, but that's not a problem.

My principal concern is the length. It is about 1" longer than what I prefer. I think it looks fine, but I would like a second advice. Pictures are not perfect, I did my best with what I had.

Comment

@Jessy: FWIW, I make it a point never to judge a jacket without first breaking the threads on the vents. If they offer it in a short, that would help fix both the total length and sleeve length issues. Also, have you considered trying on the next size smaller?

Comment

@Alan : Smallest they had, a 36. No short sizes.

Something you have to know with me : I can't size down.

Comment

Anyone have a chance to take a look at the suit jacket I asked about a few posts up? If there is a more useful picture I could take, please let me know.

Comment

Jessy, I am with you. I wear a 36S and that still, depending on vendor, is to big. I am only 5'5" 140. I know tailors can shorten the jacket, but it can be tough because they can do it wrong and throw off the balance.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                              -Maximus

Comment

I bought this Moleskin Topcoat from BR. I really like the way it looks and feels. I think it fits pretty well but would like a 2nd opinion just to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X