Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my shirt from Ratio using thedailyhookup coupon.

I really like the way it fits in the body - but I think the sleeves are a bit long. Both my tailor, girlfriend, and sister said that I'm crazy and that they're fine.

What do you guys think?

Comment

@Andrewski it comes down to personal preference, but yea..IMO the sleeves are about 1" too long. Personally, I like my sleeves to hit right at the end of the wrist. Your's are almost mid-hand.

But like i said...it's personal preference at the end of the day.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
      #StayDapper

Comment

@Andrewski,

I think the sleeve length is fine. You want them to be slightly longer than your arms for when you need to bend them while sitting at the desk etc.

Comment

Andrewski, that Ratio shirt looks great! The sleeves are fine. The cuffs should be a bit tighter so that they don't slide over your hand.

Comment

Bruschetta or anyone else - Thoughts on the F&O blazer pictured a few posts above? Worth the $50 or should I return it?

Comment

@bruschetta good point. It could be the fact that his cuffs aren't buttoned the tightest they can be. But if they are, then the sleeves are too long and need to be shortened slightly.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
              #StayDapper

Comment

@Vicious49 Personally, I like it. For 50 it looks great. It may need slight tailoring adjustments, but not much. I see you sized up, I am debating on getting one, I am a 36 So I will probably get a 38

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                -Maximus

Comment

Thanks Eyerman. It has a bit of a roll/wave below my neck between the shoulder blades. Is this something that a tailor can easily fix?

Comment

Depends on if it is just poor fiting or poorly made. Your tailor would be able to help you out on that. I would ask, but put your foot down as well. Some tailors will say no you don't want this or that, but you have to stand your ground. When I first got my suits tailored I tapered the legs, arms, and waist. At first she was very against it, then once she saw the finishing product on me she was in agreement of how well it looked. Plainly state as well that if it can not be fixed you plan on returning it. I hate tailors that say oh yeah I can do that or I think I can do that, then muck up the jacket.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
                    -Maximus

Comment

Vicious49, the corduroy blazer is within the skinny/short style trend that is popular. I didn't comment because I want to avoid dogmatically repeating my opinion on skinny lapels and short jacket lengths. If you like it, I would keep it. I would NOT keep it if you only like it because it cost a bargain price of $50. $50 for an article of clothing that will never be worn is not a bargain.

Comment

I know I have to live with the shortness and the skinny lapels. I was concerned more with if the shoulders look ok and also is the roll between the shoulder blades something that a tailor can easily fix.

Comment

Vicious49, the shoulders look silly because the fabric comes to a point rather than sloping, but there's no padding to keep it straight. That's not fixable, unless you have a tailor that can do wonders. Shoulders are generally expensive to fix.

Comment

@redbeardedmike: What shoes do you have on in your pic?

Comment

Bruschetta - Thanks. That's basically what I was looking for. If the shoulders don't look right, it's getting sent back.

Comment

@chicubs - Those are the LEC suede Jackson chukkas from last season (see mention here. I picked them up in that sand color and chocolate brown (actually wore them today). Great buy for roughly $30 on sale, but I'm afraid they are no longer being offered.

Comment

Working...
                                X