Clear All

Hey guys, I finally got around to altering another

blazer that was purchased awhile ago and looking for

some feedback. Thank you in adv!

The sides were taken in and the sleeves were shortened:

Here is w/ a thicker ocbd & sweater combo, which makes it a bit

tight at the button.

Comment

Personally, I like my jacket length to be shorter than my knuckles. I like to be able to cuff it. Although, I am 5"5' and the shorter jacket makes me look taller than I am. And any one know where to the bottom of the jacket shortned with out throwing off the blanance of the jacket. I know it is harder to do than say shorten the sleeves. I live in Cola SC but wouldnt mind going to Charlotte or Charleston.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
      -Maximus

Comment

@itsm3json, I think that looks pretty good. I personally prob would take the sleeves up another .25" or so, but that's just my preference, and the sleeves also may be a little wide, but that isn't too big of a deal. The only true comment I have is that there seems to be some bunching in the back below where the arms meet the shoulders.

Comment

Here's four photos of my just-arrived custom Ratio OCBD (apologies for the bad lighting). My first impressions are that the waist is darn near perfect, the sleeve length is really good, but the shoulder seam is once again too low (best seen in the somewhat blurry third photo). There also seems to be too much fabric in my armpit region, which is perhaps due to the armhole being too low? What do you guys think? Is this a keeper, or since it's a custom shirt AND my first purchase should I return it and try to nail down the shoulders and armholes better? How would they achieve this? Should I ask the chest to be taken in slightly (this is a 43)?

Comment

@eyerman - You like to cuff your jacket? What exactly do you mean by that? Also, if you mean your upper knuckles, like where the fingers begin, that would probably be unbelievably short.

@Jason - Nice! No complaints there. Not even with the thicker clothing do you have unacceptable pulling, so I say you're 100% good to go.

@Matt - I am not impressed by how that shirt fits. I expected more from Ratio. You're right, it fits great in the waist, but the arms and the armpit are just unacceptable. Chest looks okay, but I'd recommend a return. Dissenters welcome though.

Comment

As a warning the webcam I used to take these is terrible and makes everything look disgusting, (that mushy-looking tie is sex incarnate. Also the shirt is houndstooth, not a solid french blue) but anyways here's my new ratio shirt...

Yeah. I know. I think I'm in love.

Also, I cannot recommend the houndstooth pattern enough. It's amazing.

Also, I'm thinking of getting rid of most of that hair.

Comment

That hair is a gift from above man. Just needs a trim and a style. Not even so much of a trim as a little cleaning up.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@Matt, I would keep working with them. You're getting close to the right fit. Chest is too big and the yoke ( seam across back of shoulders) is likely too wide. I've heard nothing but excellent things about working with Eric at ratio. Send him the pics and ask for feedback.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Now THAT is a Ratio shirt! I'm extremely impressed by that fit, Hon. Also jealous of the hair, bear in mind that not all of us have a mane like Greg and yourself!

Comment

Eric was super helpful in putting it together. Ended up trying a pretty aggressive fit. He took 3" off the waist an 1" off the seat and it was perfect.

And by "most of it" I mean like brush-able, but barely on top. It'll be fine. Just feel like trying something different!

Comment

Greg - Eric has indeed been very helpful. I sent him the pics and my comments last night and this morning he recommended trying it on again after an initial wash, but offered several adjustments that could be made if the shirt still doesn't fit right, including shortening the yoke by 2 inches (an inch on either side), trying a "sloping shoulder" adjustment that apparently they've done before, and/or reducing the armhole/bicep by an inch (although he's cautious about this as the result could be uncomfortable). I think I will indeed take it to the cleaners and try it on again afterwards to see if anything's changed. Either way, the customer service is indeed outstanding and perhaps the best I've ever experienced! The fact that they'll STILL take the shirt back after washing is pretty impressive, IMO.

Comment

Here's my new Ratio shirt, this is my first time ordering through them. Here are a few photos, I'd love to hear your comments. I think the shirt fits well through the chest but is a little tight through the waist. I think the sleeves could be a little longer, like 0.5 inches and are a little baggy. As a whole, I really like the fabric and how it looks, I think it might need some minor adjustments though. I would appreciate your thoughts!

Comment

Got this BB Fitzgerald Fit suit for $100 (90% off retail, score!) in pretty mint condition from a resale store in the summer and later had it tailored to lengthen the sleeves and hem the pants. Tailor said not to mess with the body of the jacket since it's a snug fit (38R) and it def fits pretty trim and feels great. Would love to hear comments on the fit. Not sure if the tie/shirt combo work together, I was trying something new (the shirt is a CT Extra Slim Fit Purple Newcastle or something, thank you all for steering me to the ESF).

Comment

Sorry about that, I had trouble posting the photos, here they are:

Comment

Darn it! Does everyone on this forum have better (and more) hair than me?

hon140, Keep the hair. You won't be able to when you're older. The shirt looks great. It's a beautiful fit and fabric. The tie, on the other hand, resembles the vomit of an infant raised on baby food.

Matt, that is the best fitting shirt we've seen you share. Most MTM operations take a few tries to perfect a fit. That's pretty good for your first try.

Kenneth, keep in mind that Matt is a hard fit. He's tall with relatively narrow shoulders, but a thick body. Not everyone can be a lamppost.

LosRockets, I dislike both the shirt and tie. The shirt could possibly work with a darker tie.

adivvela, That's a darned good fit. Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X