• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tall are you itsm3json?

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

5'8 Redford

Comment

I'm just about a half in taller so I'm wondering if the small will be too short for me too. Do you by any chance have a long torso or something? I guess the easiest way to size you would be to ask what your inseam is. Mine is 30" or so.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

gotcha. I measured the small jacket length and it measures 28.5"

My inseam is 30-31"

Here is a full body of the above picture. Maybe it might help you

w/ the proportions. When I look at these pictures the small seems

to look good from the back but a tad short in the front.

Comment

Hey all,

I've been reading Dappered.com for about a year, but this is my first time posting. Thanks to all of you here who have helped me learn about affordable style!

I am getting married soon and would like to purchase a MTM tuxedo. I'm a really tough fit OTR, so I was excited to discover Indochino via these forums. Knowing there's mixed opinion on it in general, I'd love to get your advice on the fit below before possibly ordering a tuxedo from them for my wedding.

The pants waist needs to be taken in an inch or so, and the seat of the pants in a little too. Other than that..any thoughts?

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

Hope those pictures actually worked...

Comment

You've got some serious bunching on the sleeves.

I would also hem the pants. They are way too long.

The rest looks pretty good.

Comment

@swaMpeD

Lot of work needs to be done here.

Pants need to be hemmed

Sleeves on jacket are too big...need to be slimmed (Or you could just hit the gym)

Jacket needs to be taken in some near the top of your back.

Honestly believe that jacket is too big for you. While the sleeves hit just right, every where else is entirely too big IMO.

However, you mentioned you're getting the tux from Indochino. You really just need to go to your local tailor and get your measurements. Taking measurements of this suit really isn't gonna help you.

Comment

@itsm3, that jacket is short. It looks rather chopped from the front

@swamped, I'm not sure I agree that the jacket is too big overall. However the shoulders looks a bit wide, sleeves are too wide and it sits somewhat poorly on your frame. It appears that the front to back balance is a bit off causing the vent to flare. That being said, the back and chest look alright, IMO. Also, echoing the others, those are some long pants. A hem is in order.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@swaMped - I agree with the above comments. It's not bad, but I wouldn't get the tux with the same measurements unless you went to the tailor.

But I was also wondering what your measurements/sizes are? You look to have a similar build to me.

Comment

@swamped - I would get it altered using the $75 credit and have the adjustments reflected in the future suit/tuxedo via the alterations form.

The shoulders are too wide, and they can be addressed in a limited way by bringing in the back seam. It would probably do the trick here, but for future suits, it's better to have the shoulders start smaller. The arms are much too big, so slimming those would be a must. All in all, a pretty good start.

Comment

Hoping you guys can give some advice on two recent purchases. One is a casual AE blazer, as above. The other is a BR tailored wool suit. I'd like some direction on how well they fit, and if the suit needs additional tailoring. (If so, what?) I plan on wearing the suit for my upcoming wedding in October.

AE blazer: https://picasaweb.google.com/103843403745235713536/AEWoolBlazer?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIKps8nU05rS zAE&feat=directlink

BR tailored fit wool suit: https://picasaweb.google.com/1038434...eat=directlink

Comment

In general, the shoulders are too big and the sleeves are too long on both. You would better better off returning the AE one and talking to a tailor about the BR one. Those shoulders may be close enough for him to work with. The BR pants are spot on.

Comment

Thanks. I returned one AE blazer already, and this is the small pictured here. I'm having a hard time finding anything with the proper sleeve length. I also ordered one of the factory J.Crew blazers and those were even longer and lesser quality.

As for the suit, it's a 38S - the smallest they had in stock. I wanted to get some advice here before removing any of the tags or threads from the pockets and vents. I'm not in love with it by any means, but I was able to pick it up in-store recently during the 50% off sale for Luxe members. And having never been to a tailor, I wouldn't even know what to ask without some direction here. Much appreciated nich!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your responses - the constructive advice is much appreciated!

PANTS:

@everyone - got it on the pants length. They will be hemmed.

JACKET:

@almost everyone - thanks for the advice about slimming the sleeves. Didn't know that was a possibility, and I see that it looks off there.

@sljacks - unfortunately, the $75 credit is not good for gym memberships, so I'll have to get it tailored to my scrawny arms for now.

@sljacks, @nicholascrawford: interesting thought about getting the back seam adjusted. I was unsure what to make of the folds along the back between the shoulders; they tend to flip up towards the collar with certain movements. My three thoughts on why that might be happening:

1) the shoulders might be too big.

2) my rear is large and juts straight out from my back (TMI?), which might cause bunching to happen higher up.

3) the vertical distance from the collar to the shoulder, which varies person-to-person based on shoulder slope, isn't right for me. See: http://putthison.com/page/3

I will take your advice for now: I'll shorten my shoulders measurements; and talk to my tailor about having this one taken in along the back seam. Great to know that's even a possibility!

@greg_s - I noticed the flare in the front too. Although I get the gist of what you're saying about front/back balance, not sure exactly where to go from there. Are there measurements that can be adjusted: slimming the waist so it buttons closer, maybe? Gotta be careful doing that with the rear problem mentioned above. Might correcting the shoulder area help how it hangs? Or could I do something as simple as resting the jacket differently on my frame? I agree with you though - I'd love to slim down the side profile.

@thmage - (Not sure if you were asking about my Indochino-specific measurements, I could pass those on if you're interested). The basics: I'm 5'5", 135 pounds. OTR I wear 36S jacket, 30/31 waist, hem all pants and sleeves, and am single-handedly putting my tailor's children through private school. Finding any clothing staples in the right size is extremely difficult, so I'm leaning more and more towards MTM. If you're similarly sized, I'm open for any advice on a different thread if you've found good staples stores/brands.

Thanks again for everyone's constructive advice! I learned a lot from what was said, and I appreciate all your time.

Comment

Ah, I guess I'm a few inches taller, but it scales pretty much the same. I wish I could offer you advice on good brands, but I still haven't quite got a grasp on clothing yet myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X