X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

So the blazers from Jcrew Factory arrived today. I'd appreciate your help in deciding which ones (if any) are keepers, and which ones should be sent back.

38R Tweed

40R Tweed

40R Herringbone

Thanks guys, and sorry for the dirty mirror.

Comment

38R tweed fits you much better.

I see your herringbone has the romulan shoulders too. Im sending mine back because I don't care for that, but if you keep yours you should probably size down.

Comment

@weathernut123 I agree with Jordan that the 38R Tweed fits good..how do you find the sleeve length? They look the same in both pics....

the herringbone doesnt work with the shoulders...

Curious to know the breakdown of materials (wool/nylon) and if someone can kindly post some patch shots of the material and pattern.

Comment

@jake89 The tweed is 70% wool, 30% nylon, while the herringbone is 100% wool.

At this point, I'm wondering if I should bother exchanging the herringbone for a 38R, or if I should just return it. I'm leaning towards returning it. Then, I'll still be looking for a decent, affordable herringbone blazer.

Comment

Just decided to put on my indochino charcoal suit this morning. I've lost 10lbs (and toned up quite a bit) since ordering the suit.

I've always thought there was some weirdness with the sides of the trousers puckering out. It's been exacerbated by my weight loss. Can a tailor fix something like this? I also think I just realized that the jacket is too short.

Comment

I went to sears today to return some stuff and wandered over the lands end shop (which they redesigned and i was quite impressed). anyway, found this shirt for $15 and was skeptical about "sizing down", even though so many of you have said to do it. I'm a Large in almost all stores. But, I tried this in a Medium and was surprised by the results. What do you guys think?

Comment

Ursus, that is the best Indochino suit fit that I have seen. The pants can be fixed by a tailor, but I would wait until your weight stops fluctuating. The shirt does not work with the suit. The shirt has an informal collar that stands straight up. It does not have any spread. This article by Put This On might be a useful read.

Bobby V, that shirt looks as though it were made for you. Are the sleeves long enough?

Comment

@Ursus, it does look short to me. Everything else looks pretty alright. The pants shouldn't be too expensive to fix, looks like they could be slimmed down anyways.

@bruschetta, I'm surprised you didn't comment on the length!

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

thank you bruschetta! and yes, the sleeves are long enough; for some reason i had them pulled up a little.

Comment

@bruschetta: Thanks! I had no idea about the stand up vs. laying down collars, I think I'll just stay away from button down collars with suits/sportcoats until I'm more familiar with the norms (and what looks good on me - or, I wake up and am suddenly Cary Grant). Great article.

@greg_s: I agree with the pants being slimmed down, and I hope fixing the weird flaring at the sides near the pockets isn't too expensive. Now I've just got to find a decently priced tailor in Toronto. Do you think that the shortness of the jacket renders it unwearable? If so, any ideas on whether it's possible for a tailor to lengthen by an inch? I assume the answer is no because I can't imagine what kind of sorcery a tailor could pull off in order to lengthen it without losing the shape.

Thanks all!

Comment

Ursus - Just rock it with the shorter jacket length. It's definitely within the acceptable range. You could get a tailor's opinion once your weight stabilizes to see what all can be done.

Bobby - You've got a new favorite brand. =)

Comment

@ursus, it is a bit hard to tell from the front view pic just because it's a dark suit. To my eyes it looks pretty short, but you're still probably within the range of fashionably short.

@Bobby, it disgusts me how well that fits you OTR.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Picked up a few items at target this weekend (shirt & 2 pairs of pants)

- the first set the gray pants are 32x32 but I'm thinking a 33x32 would work better? My concern is the seat area and the second set is a 33x32.

- as far as color goes I'm thinking of sticking w/ the gray pants

what are your guys thoughts on the fit?

Comment

Bobby V - I'm envious of how well that fits you, as well. I'm having a helluva time finding a good-fitting shirt since I have narrow shoulders but a somewhat wide waist. I thought LE might be my go-to brand, as well, but even their medium size is too wide in the shoulders. Congrats on finding a good fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X