Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@vivious and @jar: In my view the length is too short, but the shoulders for both of you look great.

@Matt: It's hard to see, but it looks like the shoulders are off by about 1/2 to 1 inch. The section could be looser by an inch to 1.5 inches in my view; the gingham pattern curves in your midsection where the buttons are pulling.

Comment

Vicious49, I hate the lapels on the first jacket you posted. What is going on there? Is that a button tab on the lapel? I agree with Acoustic in that both jackets are too short. On the plus side, the J. Crew looks great in the shoulders and chest.

Matt, I see some pulling in the mid section by the buttons. Other than that, it looks good for a casual shirt. The solution may be diet and exercise. I think that we're near the same age, so I know what a pain it is to keep the stomach flat(ish).

Comment

Bruschetta - That is a button tab on that 1st jacket. Hmmmm . . . You think the 2nd jacket is too short? That's the 1st time an R length jacket has looked too short on me. I rather liked the length on that one. It's a 38R from jcrew factory and I'm 5'8". If anything, I was afraid it would be too long.

Comment

Vicious49, I may be wrong. I can't tell where your pant legs divide on my monitor. Can you post a picture wearing lighter pants? If the length is good then it's a keeper.

Comment

@vicious: lol you fooled me! Wearing the EXACT same stuff...I thought someone requoted your 1st pic clothes as I scrolled through the post! lol The second Jacket looks good lengthwise and appears like it will be a versatile piece for you. I was referring to the first jacket being too short.

Comment

Taking the suit to the tailor sometime this week to get the pants altered and adjust the sleeve length. I took a quick full body picture with the webcam so you can get a better idea of jacket length. Still think it's too long? I have time to return it yet. Apologies about the mess. And the t shirt.

Comment

This is the suit I decided to keep and get altered by the tailor. I have a job interview today so it's my 1st time wearing it. Figured I'd take a few pics to see if there's anything you would still adjust to it. The sleeves bother me a bit like maybe they should be 1/8 of an inch shorter. What do you think?

Comment

Vicious, you look great. Suit fits well, nice conservative choices for the occasion. Go get em! You can do this!

Comment

@Phil - Jacket length looks good to me, pretty normal (i.e., not trendy). It may be the picture / wrinkles, but the body looks a bit odd and possibly too tight.

@Vicious - Suit looks great. Personal preference if you want the sleeves a bit shorter (I'd prob go a twinge shorter personally), but I don't think they're too long such that they look off.

Comment

I think it's a combination of the picture being taken while I was moving (3 second timer), not having all the wrinkles out, and artificial lighting. It certainly doesn't feel or look too tight when I wear it.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm going to leave that suit alone. I bought another one from the same company in the same size in all black for my wedding. It's hard for me to find suits which fit me well.

I just got this shirt in from Frank and Oak today. I'm really impressed by the quality and feel of the cloth. I want to make sure it fits me properly. It feels a bit tight in the chest if I move around/flex in the wrong way but I don't think that's a big issue. I think it's fine everywhere else but want to confirm before I order any more shirts from them.

Comment

One way I test the length of shirts I plan on tucking in, is to raise my hands straight up. If the shirt pulls out, its too short.

Comment

@philpot, there is no conceivable way that jacket is too long. It's on the shorter side for sure. Looks good though, nice waist suppression but slightly too tight in the chest, hence the mild pulling at the button.

+1 to Jordan's test.

Comment

Is that something that can be easily adjusted or will I just have to settle for "mild pulling"?

Comment

Your tailor may be able to do something about it if there is material available in the jacket, but I think it looks just fine as is. If you were getting the suit tailored already it'd be something to have done, but I wouldn't make a special trip. The pants need a hem and the sleeves need shortening, but you already know that. Maybe mention the pulling to him and see what he can do? It's a great fit overall, I think you did really well.

Comment

Working...
                                X