Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the sleeve length disparity might be exacerbated by the too-long shirt sleeves. I'll try it on again with a better fitting shirt.

I think the rumpled back is just from being packed in the box. Other than that, though, shoulders look OK? Besides the length do you think this can be dialed-in to well-fitted with tailoring?

Comment

@Mike, try the L size and take a long, hot shower (preferably, for your sake, with a person of your choosing) with the blazer on a hanger in the bathroom. Then try it on and take pics. This just looks too short, IMO. Everything else looks pretty solid, so I'm guessing the same size in L would be fine.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Hey guys thanks for all the positive feedback. I went through my order history and I believe this is the blazer.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tailored-fit-2-button-year-round-wool-blazer~206114_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERC H=search-_-390164&origin=search

I know that the buttons are a different color.. no idea how that could be. I have also thought about swapping them out. Lastly, I got a 40R in the tailored fit. I think it fits pretty true to size. As a reference I wear between 15.5 - 16 neck and a 34 - 35 sleeve length.

Comment

@redbeardedmike You say that your shirt sleeves are too long, but honestly they look just about perfect to me. Am I the only one?

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

No, you are not, the shirt sleeves length is spot on!

Comment

First time posting, been reading dappered for a couple months but just started looking at the forums and saw this, which is perfect cause I just bought the aimon sport coat from club monaco that was shown in a post not long ago. This is my first sport coat/blazer, I do own a suit but I bought it about 10 years ago, and I'm not totally sure about fit. It's snug and I think sits fairly well when I'm just standing still. But it seems to be a bit tight in the shoulders/arms whenever my arms are lifted.

Hopefully this post will work, not 100% sure what I'm doing with this. And I basically just through it on with some random items.

Comment

Jarja - I'm new here so my opinion might not be totally correct but I'd say the jacket looks a bit short and it looks like it's pulling on the button ever so slightly.

Comment

The sports coat looks good on you, Jarja. The length is the biggest issue, I think: it's definitely cut short and trendy. I'd happily wear it, personally, but some might not.

One thing to note is that it looks like the sports coat is made out of seersucker. If you're only going to own one sports coat, seersucker's not the most versatile material unless you live in a climate that's warm year round. But other than that, I'm liking how it's fitting you.

Comment

jarja, that sport coat is quite tight and short. The combination makes it look too small for you. I'm in the majority on here in that I prefer a more traditional length and drape.

Comment

It figures that I tell someone their jacket is too short and then I post a similar pic.

So I tried this in a 38R and the sleeves were too long and with working buttons, it wasn't something that could be tailored. I ordered it in a 38S and the sleeves fit me perfectly now but I feel the jacket might be too short. What do you think? Is it something you would wear or am I better off returning it?

I know I might have to let it out ever so slightly. And please ignore my shorts and the shirt I threw on there for the sake of taking the pics. All I'm looking for is critiques on the jacket - nothing else. I already realize what I'm wearing is an awful combination.

Comment

Hard to tell how far the jacket goes down with the shorts being (or at least looking) pretty baggy. I'm thinking it definitely ranges toward short, so it may depend on whether you're comfortable with the length or not.

Comment

@jarja, I'm not sure that the jacket is too tight (that is, if you can let it out a bit), but it is too short.

@Vicious, that also looks too short

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I was afraid of that. Thanks for confirming it for me.

On another note, the J Crew factory tweed blazer came in today as well. It fits me much better, but it feels itchy whereas the BR one felt nice and soft. I'm also not liking the fact that the J crew one is not fully lined. It has this weird partial lining to it.

At least the designers at JCrew realized the sleeves shouldn't be the same length as the jacket. Wish BR could be more consistent with their sizing.

Comment

Hmmm . . . I was originally going to return it, but looking at the pics of me with that Jcrew jacket, it looks like it fits me very well and might not even need any tailoring (maybe shortening the sleeves a tad). Opinions?

Comment

Take 2 on this Land's End shirt, this time in a regular fit medium (the tailored fit large was too big in the sleeves and baggy in the waist).

My initial impression (aside from the fact that it definitely needs ironing before wearing) is that the shoulder seam is still a tad bit low and the sleeve is just a tad bit baggy, but neither of these seem like a dealbreaker to me. The fit in the waist seems about right, although it's right on the border of the buttons starting to pull (the crease in the fabric isn't from the buttons, it's from the way the shirt was folded prior to shipping). If anyone thinks it's too tight for my midsection, please let me know as I'm still trying to suss out which shirts are too tight and which are just right for my non-athletic midsection. I'm leaning towards keeping this as an everyday shirt to wear to the office as well as layer under sweaters and the eventual sport coat since it was only $35, but my question to the experts is whether this shirt is a good enough fit for me to order additional shirts in this size (M) from LE, or whether I should stick to MTM (even though I'm still waiting for my Ratio white OCBD to arrive, I assume that it'll fit pretty good).

Comment

Working...
                                X