Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sgates0, I like that blazer on you. The back could use a bit of adjustment, but it's so minor that I probably wouldn't bother. Looking good!

Comment

sgates: the blazer fits well!

Comment

sgates, what blazer is that from LE? I'm looking for a wool navy blazer myself and that one looks great on you. If you don't mind sharing, what size did you get and what are your relevant measurements if you know them?

Comment

That blazer fits perfectly!

Comment

I'm really liking that blazer! Great fit. If that's an OTR fit with no alterations, I'm really going to need to look at LEC more seriously. My only issue with that blazer is that I don't like the super shiny gold buttons, I'd probably replace them with something a little more subtle and less Ivy League-ish if it were me, but that's just a personal thing. Shoulders look very minorly too big, but absolutely nothing worth being worried about.

Comment

What do you guys think about the fit of this J. Crew sportscoat? What tailoring would you recommend? I think the sides could be taken in a bit. Also, I'm very slim through the waist and hips, but it seems to balloon a little around my hips. Maybe I could snug it up through the hips.

The shoulders seem ok. Yes, my left shoulder is much higher than my right one. The back is pretty messy. The sleeves bunch up like crazy as does the mid to lower back. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

The front looks so promising, but the back is an absolute nightmare. That jacket is off in the hips by a mile, that's why the vent is laying open like that. Even if that were the only issue, and it isn't, I'd still strongly suggest returning that sportcoat. There's no fixing that.

Comment

I think the shoulders seem too big for you, which is causing some of the issues with the back (excess fabric near your shoulders). You could slim down the sleeves, which probably would take care of the bunching there. The back generally is really odd. Not sure if the vent is created purposefully to be that open, but it flares quite a bit, particularly for the jacket not actually being tight/slim anywhere.

Comment

PowderDays, I agree with Kenneth and hornsup84. Return it if possible.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll return it. Not sure what the hell happened to the back of this thing.

Comment

No vents are created purposefully to be open, that thing is just abominably poorly made. Could be that it was a defect out of the factory.

Comment

I got the Charles Tyrwhitt Classic Fit Navy Blazer in. The construction seems good. I think it definitely could come in a bit at the waist and the sleeves could be lengthened 1/2"-1". My concern? Seems like it might be too dang short. I was worried about getting the long which is a bit over an inch longer in the sleeves and an inch longer in the body because the sleeves have functional buttons. Do you think the sleeves would be too long at an inch longer? Is shortening 1/2" with functional buttons do-able?

I apologize for the weird lighting. Late afternoon gets a bunch of asymmetrical light around here.

Comment

I got the Charles Tyrwhitt Classic Fit Navy Blazer in. The construction seems good. I think it definitely could come in a bit at the waist and the sleeves could be lengthened 1/2"-1". My concern? Seems like it might be too dang short. I was worried about getting the long which is a bit over an inch longer in the sleeves and an inch longer in the body because the sleeves have functional buttons. Do you think the sleeves would be too long at an inch longer? Is shortening 1/2" with functional buttons do-able?

Note, the sleeves on both shirts are a touch long.

I apologize for the weird lighting. Late afternoon gets a bunch of asymmetrical light around here.

Comment

If you got the long, the sleeves could still be shortened even if they were an inch longer.

I'd say the jacket probably is too short, but not by much at all. I personally would not have a problem wearing it at that length. The sleeves don't appear to be of equal length, or I'd say you could even consider keeping it... I think your only option is to return it for the long. 1/2" shortening with functional buttons is fine, the danger only exists when you're shortening the sleeves enough to get near the buttonholes.

Really like the hacking pockets btw. Not something you see everyday and a very, very nice touch.

Comment

redbeardedmike, the length is bordering on too short. I would get the long and then shorten the sleeves, but you could wear it as is and look just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X