Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your reasoning for buying that is fine. I'd get the sleeves slimmed a bit, but I don't think I'd make a special trip to the tailor to do that. I definitely agree that it is too long to wear untucked.

Comment

So apparently BR is putting working buttons on their blazers now. I haven't seen it on the suit jackets, but I recently got in 2 blazers and they both have working buttons. 1 of them is going to need the sleeves to be shortened by an inch or so. It's going to get right near the first button. Is this going to be an issue that a tailor can work around or is it not even worth it and I should just return the blazer?

Comment

Hi all,

I just got a suit in from Indochino, and I'm trying to decide whether or I need a remake or some simple tailoring. The sleeves are a bit short, and the jacket could be taken in at the waist. But my real issue is with the armholes and the chest fabric near the armholes.

I had hoped that with Indochino the armholes would be high. But this appears not to be the case. There also seems too much fabric bunched up around the armholes. Is this fixable? Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Comment

Hey again all!

So I just dug through my attic and found a box of basically unworn "classic fit" polo shirts my oldest brother owned at the beginning of college. Now, they're all marked small, (and I'm very tall) but they are like 15 years old, basically unworn, not even kindof faded and fit very similarly to my current medium "classic fit" polo shirts. Maybe the larger sizing is just due to their age. Am I crazy thinking these fit well?

Example shirt: http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii482/thehon140/IMAG0091-1.jpg

N.B. The coloring looks faded, but that's just the camera. They're actually really good looking.

Comment

@Hon - You may be crazy, but it isn't because you think those fit well. They appear to fit pretty well, and are just about the perfect length to be worn untucked, if that's your predilection. I will issue a caveat that it is difficult to ascertain fit completely with only a front view, but looks okay to me.

@evman - Could you take a closeup picture of the arm with it laying against your side in a relaxed stance? It's too difficult for me to see fabric bunching given the dark color and the distance.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Cut the vents and retook some pics. Thanks again!

-Josh

Comment

@Joshua - I'm actually liking this a lot more with these new pictures. Shoulders still look big, little divoting going on in the first picture, but it doesn't appear to be that bad. The lapels are pretty dang skinny as NC pointed out on the last page, but overall I think you've got a keeper, it definitely looks good on you. If you feel the chest/waist is loose (impossible to judge that from pictures), getting it taken in would be a good idea. Sleeves also need to be shortened .5"-.75". Apart from that, congrats on your first blazer!

Comment

Just now getting around to checking this... Thanks for the advice guys. I think the pictures may be a little deceptive about the length, but I could be wrong. We have a local men's tailor that's supposed to do good work, so I guess there's no harm in seeing what he thinks. I'll remember that about the belt. I only have that one because I needed one awhile ago in a pinch and it was under $10 at the time. I appreciate it!

Comment

@ Vicious

That sounds like an absolute no go in my opinion.

Comment

Joshua, you're looking good! I second what Kenneth has said.

Comment

Need a gray suit

This too boxy?

Comment

Pretty hard to distinguish fit with the arm in front of you. Can't tell how the shoulders fit without more pictures, but if the shoulders are okay and the length is okay (more pictures would help here too, with your arm down by your side), a tailor can take in the sides and chest to make it less boxy.

Comment

The rest seems fine without major tailoring

I was just worried about the shoulders being to shoulder padish

Comment

Looks pretty padded, but not deal-breaker bad. If the price is right, go for it! I like the shirt btw.

Comment

Hey guys I picked this blazer up from Lands End about 6 months ago before really knowing anything bout fit. I've only worn it once or twice since. What do you guys think? It seems to fit pretty snug across the chest but my main concern is almost a lip or bump on the shoulder.

Thanks for the help guys.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9145/25224604.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/2023/21339938.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Working...
                                X