Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, sleeves are too long - I forgot to say that. All of the suits I find have long sleeves.

Is the upper button in the right place (height)?

Comment

Yes - just above your natural waist is normal. By being 2 button instead of 3 button, the button stance is lower than before.

Comment

Much better! This is definitely a workable suit for you.

These are things I notice that would take this suit from its current state to perfect fit so merely things to bring up with your tailor/for you to think about:

- Sleeves need to be shortened

- Pants need to be hemmed (maybe go for an angled hem where it is longer in the back)

- Slight pitch issues

- Excess material across the back (not a tough fix)

- Issue at the top of the thigh on the pants. Not sure the exact cause as it could be a few things.

Again those are just things to think about and to weigh cost vs benefit.

The next step for you is getting yourself some slim fit dress shirts.

Comment

Vovan, hey hey. Looking good, slick. Everything that I see can be fixed by a tailor, with the possible exception of the tightness around the bottom.

Comment

Thanks, guys! I'm off to my tailor :-)

@AJ, slim shirts are definitely next thing on my list.

@bruschetta, thanks! What tightness are you talking about? pants or jacket?

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the shoulders look a bit wide. Though it looks like little enough that the center seam could be taken in.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Vovan, the pants are tight around your posterior. The jacket looks fine.

greg_s, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but the shoulders look pretty good. I think that the hard shoulder makes them look a little off when he raises his arms.

Comment

Could be. Could also be the slightly sloped shoulders. However, I was mostly looking at the bunching under the armpits in the back.

Comment

Greg, you are right. My shoulders are sloped rather than square. I find the jacket fits me just right in the shoulders (neither small nor big).

Comment

Yeah I also now looked at these on a computer rather than my phone. Shoulders look good, just the back needs to be smoothed out like others have said.

Comment

So I have a few shirts I'd like your opinion on. I'd like to know what you would tailor on the 1st 2 and also which one of them seems to fit me better. The last 1 I just want to know if you think it's worth keeping or if I should send it back. It feels bigger than the other 2 and is definitely made for taller people as there is a lot more to tuck in.

Shirt 1 is a Neiman Marcus trim fit that I got from the LastCall sale. Shirt 2 is a Calibrate trim fit that I got during the Nordstrom anniversary sale. Shirt 3 is an English Laundry trim fit that I got from LastCall.

Shirt 1

Shirt 2

Shirt 3

Comment

I honestly wouldn't tailor any of them very much. If anything, the second shirt could use its sleeves slimmed, but you don't appear to have any billowing around your midsection. The fit is great for OTR, in my opinion. I like the third shirt best.

I will say this, though: please never wear a white undershirt beneath a white dress shirt. Picture #3 explains why: there's a weird white outline of the undershirt through the dress shirt that is very unattractive. If you *HAVE* to wear an undershirt, go with a heather gray. Sorry to digress.

Comment

Vicious49, your new shirts fit darned well for off-the-rack shirts that haven't been tailored. The patterns, on the other hand, are unappealing to my eye.

Comment

^ word

Comment

Kenneth - The 3rd one is the one that fits the biggest on me. I showed the pics to my fiancee and she noticed extra fabric in the underarm area and thought that the sleeves could use slimming on it. The thing that bothers me about it is that it is a good 2-3 inches longer than the other shirts so there's lots of material I have to tuck in.

Thanks for the tip on the white undershirt. If I wore it that way, it would be under a suit so the arms/sleeves would be covered up anyways.

Bruschetta - I love the pattern on the 2nd shirt. It doesn't show as well from far away, but from up close it looks nicer (in my opinion).

Thanks for the comments. Now I know what to buy the next time LastCall runs a sale - 15.5 32/33 in their trim fits.

Comment

Working...
                                X