X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by kjmiller1984 View Post
    Completely new to Dappered and trying to dress nicely. Bought some stuff from Banana Republic, both pair of wool trousers fit great, sit about an inch below my belly button. Its pretty amazing to find trousers that actually fit being that im 6'7". I have two questions. The first is, I also bought a pair of Emerson vintage navy chinos, they also sit very high, about 1 inch from my belly button, I feel it doesnt look quite right, should chinos sit that high, or should i get a shorter length?

Second question is I bought a slim fit 100% fine merino wool navy v-neck sweater in XLT. Does it look to large, do I need to exchange it for an LT?
    The sweater does look a little large so I would try sizing down like you think. Hopefully it still fits your frame. I can't tell from the pic if the pants fit or need hemmed at the bottom but whatever you are wearing is sitting well. Also no need to button the top button of your shirt while wearing a sweater unless you are going for the phantom tie look.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    [MENTION=15100]Nice_Marmot[/MENTION] I think you're right -- the shoulders are a bit large for your frame. The sleeves could also be shortened a hair. Nice blazer, though!

Unless it's in the summer, I wouldn't try to wear this as a sport coat routinely. The linen fabric will stand out in the winter. My advice would be to pick up the Thompson unconstructed chino jacket (a dappered favorite) for casual use year round. Still a summer-weight fabric, but a bit less distinctive. You should be able to get it for under $100 with codes.
    Thanks for the response. I was actually able to snag a 38R last night (40R is pictured) along with the matching pants, so I will see if that fits better. I have a few weddings to attend this spring/summer, and I was hoping to use this suit for that.

Unfortunately I've already tried and returned that JCF jacket in the past. It looked awful on me.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    [MENTION=15100]Nice_Marmot[/MENTION] I think you're right -- the shoulders are a bit large for your frame. The sleeves could also be shortened a hair. Nice blazer, though!

Unless it's in the summer, I wouldn't try to wear this as a sport coat routinely. The linen fabric will stand out in the winter. My advice would be to pick up the Thompson unconstructed chino jacket (a dappered favorite) for casual use year round. Still a summer-weight fabric, but a bit less distinctive. You should be able to get it for under $100 with codes.

Leave a comment:

• kjmiller1984
    replied
    Completely new to Dappered and trying to dress nicely. Bought some stuff from Banana Republic, both pair of wool trousers fit great, sit about an inch below my belly button. Its pretty amazing to find trousers that actually fit being that im 6'7". I have two questions. The first is, I also bought a pair of Emerson vintage navy chinos, they also sit very high, about 1 inch from my belly button, I feel it doesnt look quite right, should chinos sit that high, or should i get a shorter length?

Second question is I bought a slim fit 100% fine merino wool navy v-neck sweater in XLT. Does it look to large, do I need to exchange it for an LT?

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Marmot
    replied
    Hey guys, I snagged this linen suit jacket at a great price from J. Crew recently. I'm new to wearing sport coats and the like. Does this work to wear as a separate jacket? How is the fit? I think it might be a little too big in the shoulders, but it feels great fit wise.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X