Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@itsm: Well I always post in the WIWT thread with the first blazer so I'm a bit biased ;-) Blazer #1 is more versatile. You can wear it in spring, fall, winter and summer. Whereas #2 the lighter color pallete seems more congruent with spring and summer imo

Comment

@itsm, I agree with Acousticfoodie. If I were going about it, I would think about what else is in my wardrobe. If I needed/wanted to fill a gap in my fall/winter wear and get a suitable blazer, I might consider a wool one with more texture and weight than a cotton one could provide me with. Wool is of course more weatherproof than cotton and provides more protection from the elements.

If you need a nice cotton blazer for spring/summer, then blazer 2 would probably be a good choice. It seems versatile since it's a bluish hue and could somewhat mimic a seersucker thin stripe pattern.

Comment

itsm3json, that grey blazer looks pretty sharp on you.

Comment

@thmage, that's what I was thinking too ha, thanks

@itsm3json Yeah, I agree with acoustic, bruschetta, and guilty the first one would be a better option. But it does depend on what you already may have and what reasons you're buying it for. They both look good and seem to fit well, but like everyone else said, I think the first one is more versatile and could be paired with more outfits and be year-round vs just in the warmer seasons

Comment

thanks guys for the input

I plan to keep blazer 1 and will return blazer 2, as I do agree about your versatility comments.

@acoustic - do you find that the armholes are a tad low on blazer 1?

@guilty - i'm in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe so I'm hoping to

build around staple pieces. appreciate your input

Comment

question - If I were to keep both blazers, would they cause a bit of overlap in my wardrobe?

Comment

lol itsm3json - i did the exact same thing. i was going to return one but then decided to keep both. as others have mentioned, the bluer one could be worn in the spring/summer whereas the other could be worn all year round.

on another note, how much can a blazer be let out? i tried on a bigger size but it seemed too roomy so i was wondering if i could alter the ones i bought.

thanks in advance as always.

Comment

@itsm4json - I completely understand. You're ahead of me- at least you don't have like 5 different types of navy blazers (Stafford wool with gold colored buttons, Jack Spade heavy twill suit, Monitaly Slowear ramie casual blazer, Trovata linen blazer, Mark McNairy unlined travel jacket). I'm probably forgetting one...

Comment

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and I love it! I took a few pics of myself in one of my suits. It's from Zara. I would be interested to hear what you guys think. Does it fit me well? My only concern is that I can never see the cuffs from my shirt... Should I shorten the sleeves on the jacket?

Second set of images has no jacket so that you can see how the pants fit.

Comment

I'd say the sleeves should definitely be shortened. Pants could maybe be hemmed or trimmed. They hang a little oddly at the bottom.

Comment

@Vov -- overall, looks like a pretty good fit. I'd shorten sleeves to preferred length and also hem the pants a little higher (quarter or mid break, instead of the super full break you have now). Some may suggest taking in the jacket a little, but I'd worry about getting too much of an hourglass shape, and I think it's a pretty good shape for you as is.

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah, I think I'm going to shorten the sleeves on the jacket. As for the pants, they were hemmed by my tailor. When he marked the length with the chalk he told me to take the shoes off and just marked them at the point where they reached the floor. Was he wrong in doing that?

And by the way, don't pay attention to my shirt - I know it's way too big for me. I just found an old shirt of mine to put on for those pictures. That just shows you how little I knew about well-fitted clothes a few years back. Sad :-(

Comment

@Vovan, it's not bad. The shoulders are a bit wide but it drapes decently anyways. The button stance seems high, but that's a preference thing. The jacket length is spot on. The pants look a little tight through the seat. Maybe try one waist size up? Also, shorten the sleeves and I think your tailor will end up hemming your pants pretty long. The way he did it will likely result in a more traditional full or half break in your pant leg.

Edit: I also agree with hornsup that I'm not sure you really need any tapering in the waist. Maybe a small amout, but it depends how trim you are (hard to tell with that shirt). Also, nice job on taking good pictures. Much easier to assess fit this way.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Looks like you might have some pitch issues with the top of the sleeves. Fixing that depends on how much money you want to dump into it.

Yeah the seat is way too tight on those pants. It is causing the pockets to flare and the odd bunching at the top of the left leg in the last picture. Waist and thighs look fine though.

Interesting choice with the closed quarters. I feel like you don't see many of those these days.

Comment

Thanks to all!

@greg_s, I bought this suit 2 years ago so unfortunately I can't get pants one size up. When I bought them, they fit perfectly. Since then, I had a pretty serious ankle injury which caused me to gain some weight (and all of it went to my waist!!!) so I went up almost two sizes. So now all of my pants fit a little too tight. Is this something that experienced tailor can fix, i.e. make the pant waits a little bigger?

@AJ25, what are closed quarters? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that term.

Comment

Working...
                                X