Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...that's unfortunate...I'll take a clearer pic in the future for another critique. In the mean time....there is some shoulder dimpling in the Bond scene...bad fit?

Comment

Uh no! Someone posted Daniel Craig in a questionable outfit!? I don't know what to think. It's like when I found out Santa Clause wasn't real.

Comment

Yeah it could be how his arm is cocked, in your case I meant the dimple on top of the shoulders. That's usually caused by excess material.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Alright some better pictures of the BR navy jacket to evaluate the dimpling more:

I'm a 39 chest so a 39R would have been ideal, but unfortunately not everybody makes odd size jackets...and the 38R thompson suit I bought is feeling a little bit too snug these days...So keep or not?

Comment

Came across this suit for $120. Wondering how bad the shoulders are??

Probably won't ever wear the vest - but how knows..

Comment

So I've pretty much always been a medium slim fit dress shirt kind of guy. If its neck and sleeve its 15.5, occasionally getting away with 15 and either 33.5 or 34/35. I was at target today and they had some of the Merona ultimate dress shirts on sale for $11 so I figured today was the day to give these suckers a shot. I tried on the medium and was really disappointed in the fit. I felt it was very baggy. So just for the hell of it I tried out a small and I think I may have struck gold but I want your thoughts. The tag says 14 to 14.5 neck but it fits exactly like my club room slim fit 15s. For reference I am a 38R in Banana Republic tailored fit blazers 5'10" and 176lbs. What do you guys think?

Oh, and the first person that can identify the cover on my iPhone gets to wallow in the fact that you are incredibly nerdy, just like me. (Wife got it for me for my birthday, how awesome is that! She actually loves it as well and we're not the type of people most would think would enjoy it.)

Comment

@bere09: Fantastic fit! I also wear target Smalls even tho I usually wear slim/fitted mediums in other brands

Comment

Looks like it fits perfect!

Comment

OK... No one else is going to bite on the drwho reference? Love the cover, and the shirt looks good too!

Sleeves look less fitted than some on here like, but I think it looks like a shirt you'd have paid much more than $11 for. Well done!

Comment

Acoustic - Take to a tailor? Could see if taking it in at the center seam would correct the shoulders.

Kevin - Yeah, I would pass on that suit because of the shoulders.

bere - That's mint. I would buy all the basic colors plus some patterns too! You're probably buying shirts that are too long in the sleeves, considering that you're buying 33.5 AND 34/35 shirts. When it says 34/35, that really means 35. When it says 15-15.5, that really means 15.5. No shirt can be two sizes...they're just trying to get more people to buy them.

I think the Ultimate Merona shirts are a cotton/poly mix, so it doesn't compare to a 100% cotton shirt in terms of feel, but it's a great deal if it fits you that well and only costs $11.

Comment

@NC: a tailor can do that? Hmm...I'm guessing this is expensive? I'll get a quote on it but if its too pricey...hopefully there are some 40R people on this board.

Comment

Yes - that's the way you would adjust shoulders. If you get the waist taken in, it would probably be part of the alteration cost. Worth asking a tailor!

Comment

@Acousticfoodie

The suit looks abit wide in the upper arms..almost baggy and not really "fit"

arm length seems o.k..are you ok with it?

seems like it may need more work than its worth.

Comment

Hard to know without a back shot, acoustic. But taking in the center seam can correct wide shoulders by like .5" or so depending on the jacket.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Hey guys, I just recently bought the J Crew factory suit as my first suit (for interviews and whatnot), and wanted some input on what needs to be done.

Sorry for the bad photos, I don't have a proper mirror anywhere in my house.

Comment

Working...
                                X