Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@shadowlife: Doh, I guess I should have warned my tailor about that...I'll have to make a quick trip early tomorrow morning then - I've got two more shirts awaiting tailoring in his possession

Comment

when you guys bring your shirts to your tailor do you give him measurements to the areas you want taken in or do you just have it on and then let him pin away?

Comment

@itsm: depends on what I'm getting tailored. If its a blazer i only let him take in the sides with a specific range and not the sleeves cause my blazers work perfectly for me in that regard. For shirts I usually just let him adjust it since i care less...except this shirt i got back makes me feel like I'm about to hulk out!

@shadow, are you able to roll up your sleeves with some of your shirts? Its a lot of work to have such odd dimensions....pricey too!

Comment

I've brought in a perfect fitting as an example, which helped a lot.

Acoustic - it would be great to connect with another NorCal guy - friend me on Facebook if you want. Or plan an SF get-together. ;-)

Comment

@ac - turning green yet? haha

@nc - that is what I was thinking of doing as well or have my wife pin the shirt, then bring it in

Comment

@NC: SF Dapper get together...there's actually quite a few people in the area from NorCal. That could be interesting...

Comment

D [email protected] I always do test rolls and elbow movement test on new shirts now just so I know what ones will be at risk of ripping. I also have gone all French cuff for dress shirts, have 3 casual length button cuffs coming mtm so I will find out then, I have a feeling they will be too tight on forearm. If its tight and feels like it wont slide up then id be careful, they tend to rip at the vertical seam towards cuff which hides well when stitched thankfully.

Comment

Norcal here too currently. In the financial district for the next couple months. Not sure where I'm living afterwards. haha.

Comment

Hey all,

Trying to see if this Banana Republic suit fits better than the Suit Supply one from last week. Definitely cheaper! What are your thoughts?

Comment

A lot of forums let you use the [IMG] tags, but you have to use the straight HTML here:

< img src="http...." > without the space between < and img

They look pretty good. I think it's the shoulder padding that gives you the dimple in the upper arm, and I think sizing down would not fix that. What size is this jacket?

Comment

Thanks for the repost of the pics!

It is a size 40R, and I agree, do not think it would help much to size down. Think this is a better move than the Suit Supply from the previous page?

Comment

Andrew it looks pretty good!

Got two questions for myself.

1) Got a shirt back from my tailor but the sleeve is kinda tight when I flex. Did it get tapered too much in the arm? Ironically it's not as tight today when I tried it on initially yesterday....stretched the seams? Looks alright or not?

Fit is comfy except when I do this"

2) Got the BR tailored Navy suit. It will definitely need tailoring at the sides, but was wondering what you guys thought.

Comment

Are the jacket sleeves on the BR suit supposed to be that large?

Also, I really like that navy blazer! Seems like a solid fit OTR. The shoulders look proportional to me, and I feel like you'd have to burn through a lot of try-on sessions to find one with shoulder pads that were just right, so maybe, realistically, that's close enough? Just how acceptable is it to rock a little dimple as a normal guy (rather than, you know, some fashion industry figure or something).

Comment

Hey guys,

New out of the box Suit Supply Napoli. Followed the size advice on their webstore but really wondering if I shouldn't size up. 5'9" 165 pounds, have worn both 38r and 40r before. This current suit is a 38r. I am no pro, but I feel the shoulders and sleeves are ok. The waist is far too tight causing significant issues in the back and vent flaring. What do you all think, have the tailor let out the waist? Or return and go up to 40r?

Thanks guys!

Comment

andrew4h, the shoulders are slightly too wide.

Acousticfoodie, looking good except for the hideous tie and the horizontal fading on your jeans. The shirt and suit look good (except the areas in the jacket that you mentioned, namely the sides). Stop making things look better on you than they do on me (tongue-in-cheek).

Veecheck, the suit jacket is too tight in all areas. I like the tie and shirt. Hate the shoes with the suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X