Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Zero...Hmmm It looks a little tight (just barely tho)...It'lll be tighter after a few washes tho. What's your Chest and waist size?

Comment

@Acoustic: I normally wear a slim 38 jacket (~40-41" measured) and 32 waist in pants (though getting closer to 31). My actual chest measurement is around 37" or so.

Comment

@Zero: I wear the Target mossimo athletic fit Polo's from a year ago and they fit my pretty well in size S. My Chest is 39 and waist is 28. So it might be worth a look if you're looking for more polos.

Comment

Zero Try Jcrew Medium in Slim fit, I'll upload a few pics in a bit here, but I just got a medium tall long sleeve and a slim large polo along with a large Henley the Large slim medium almost fits like a regular medium, the arm hole opening is bigger on the large and it's slightly roomier as well. I have decided I don't really like pique polos very much now(also i've never washed it and it doesn't look as vibrant of a red as jcrews site, I might end up buying some bright red dye for it)

Jcrew large slim pique

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-01

Jcrew Medium (non slim) washed in or whatever the hell it's called, this is a different pic that I posted in recent, it's further away so it should give an idea.

By shad0w4life at 2012-06-01

Comment

thx guys for the comments. just for kicks I stopped in at

banana republic to try on the 38 short. looks to be a tad

bit short?

Comment

@Json -- don't think it really got too much shorter from the REG; either is probably fine if you are comfortable with the length. Still think the shoulders seem a little big on you though. Any chance they had a 36R you could try on?

Comment

yeah I agree it is a bit big, unfortunately neither online or any local stores have a 36 available.

Comment

Zero - that polo just seems unflattering for you. I would keep looking - plenty of fish in the sea. =)

Comment

Hi guys, I just purchased my first suit. It is JCrew - 38R. Please let me know what you think of the fit and if I need to go up a size and any issues that would need to be addressed by the tailor. All comments welcome.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I posted this elsewhere on the board before realizing we had this thread. Hoping to get some feedback on how well this Ratio shirt fits since I'll be basing future orders off of these measurements. And I have no clue how to embed or share the photos other than with a link...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10384...CK3CldDKsp_XOQ

Comment

kidsampson, looks good to me, but it's hard to tell if a shirt fits comfortably from a photo. How does it feel?

Comment

Thanks bruschetta. It fits a lot closer to my body than any other shirt I own, and that is probably going to take some getting used to. But it's not tight or restrictive and I don't feel any fabric pulling. The shirt also is a bit heavier weight than other cloth I have so that too is throwing me off. Just a lot of new things going on with it, so I wanted to have another's trained eye give me a second opinion as to whether or not it needed additional alterations before I decided to call it a day and add it to my closet. Still learning here...

Comment

@kidsampson: Just as a nit pick, I'd say your sleeves are about 1/4 - 1/2 an inch too short, it should come down to where your palm starts, your one closeup it looks a bit short.

@josh: undo your bottom button, you won't ever have it done up so it's kind of hard to tell. It should feel like it hugs you softly, if that makes sense. I think the shoulders are a touch too big(your left one is what stands out), sleeves might be a tad too long(left one again), the general consensus is about 1/4 of an inch of shirt cuff showing, but more fitted in the shoulders might change that

Comment

Josh - smart choice with the navy for a first suit. You're way ahead of most folks. The jacket size is pretty good for you, and I think with some slight alterations, you would end up with a "very good" fitting suit. The shoulders just don't quite match up with yours, and I don't think it's a sizing issue. You will try on a dozen or dozens of suit coats before finding one or two that match perfectly. If you got a good price on this, I would keep it. If you paid full retail, I would keep shopping, if that makes sense.

The pants look huge on you. If you can swap out for something 2 inches shorter, that would be good. If they came as a matching set, then just alter the waist/seat/thigh/taper/hem.

Comment

I posted this on another board, but more feedback is always a good thing! I've mentioned I'm terrible with gauging how shoulders fit, so I'd appreciate some help with this blazer. I like the color and pattern, and would like to be able to tailor it, but I only paid $20 or so for it, so ditching it wouldn't be the end of the world.

http://i.imgur.com/ZIzna.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vbHPh.jpg

The advice I got was that the shoulders were too small. Accurate? If so, how can I tell when they're too small? Most fit advice is geared towards shoulders being too big; I kinda figured if you can get it on and move around in it, it's not too small. I actually suspected they might be slightly large, as there's rumpling in the fabric on the shoulders that made me think there was too much of it. What do you guys think? Note that the slightly hunched look the others took note of was mostly due to having to hold my phone just so for the photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X